Recent Topics

Ads

My inventory/ bag is bugged

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
xqk559

Re: My inventory/ bag is bugged

Post#11 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:17 pm

The solution is to go into the game directory, into users, settings, martyrssquare, the character with the bugged inventory, then delete everything in the EA_backpackwindow folder.

Ads
Chrathrard

Post#12 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:28 am

xqk559 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:17 pm The solution is to go into the game directory, into users, settings, martyrssquare, the character with the bugged inventory, then delete everything in the EA_backpackwindow folder.
I just reinstalled (five times now, trying to fix this, was worried about an IP ban) after three years and have the same issue. No user (sub)folders are generated from the March 2020 torrent client (there are only 4 xml files) and updating an older version from another hard drive fixes the bug, but creates dozens more. I played with UAC for about eight hours before seeing that the square next to "read-only" was intended. Anyone have any ideas? I keep everything important on that last row, and every time I try something it has to verify and redownload the entire game again.
Edit: Okay, there are threads on this exact issue that didn't show in Google/forum searches. It looks like the client is missing a lot of files, from what my first glance at /debug looks like. It seems like either it randomly fixes, or there is no current user-end solution.

Makke92

Post#13 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:46 pm

I have this exact issue. Tried everything, unfortunately makes the game unplayable :cry:

machomadne5s

Post#14 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:18 pm

I had the same bug as the original post of this thread (Based on the screenshot), and the below solution fixed the issue.
xqk559 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:17 pm The solution is to go into the game directory, into users, settings, martyrssquare, the character with the bugged inventory, then delete everything in the EA_backpackwindow folder.
Thank you

Chrathrard

Post#15 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:23 am

Makke92 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:46 pm I have this exact issue. Tried everything, unfortunately makes the game unplayable :cry:
Not quite literally unplayable, but it's certainly keeping me from playing again. I checked to see if the files (that are supposedly present and causing the issue) are just hidden, but they're just not there. The file lists are different now than they were a few years ago, so that suggests the new configuration has the problem built-in (and thus we have to just hope for a fix). It looks like you're "supposed to" open tickets on GitHub, but I don't know about all of that...

Chrathrard

Post#16 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:51 am

Spent quite a long time waiting and trying to fix this now; here are my attempts:
0. /rel never works at any time.
1. There is no users/CharacterName folder, no solutions there.
2. Delete entire users folder and reverify game. Now no longer have said folder at all.
3. "Repair" from launcher.
4. My entire main drive is now no longer read-only. Checked every subfolder, all have correct permissions.
5. Full reinstall from March 2020 torrent version, twice.
6. Delete contents of cache folder (game comes precached, did not know this). Reverify game.
7. Click "List View" many times.
8. Attempt to move items in and out. The phantom slot on the bottom can swap items when one is dragged to it, but nothing can be dragged out. No other slots "exist."
9. Copy over the prepackaged add-ons. Now have add-ons. No fix.
10. Copy over old installation from 2016. Updated and verify, bug fixed! All ground textures, character models and multiple menus missing. Had to ALT F4, could not fix, back to (Martyr's) square one.

Dwarni

Post#17 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:36 am

Hi,

I had the same problem.

I guess the problem was that I never extracted the VinyUI50 folder because it wasn't mentioned as necessary.

So I extracted it, but the character with the bugged bag had still the problem mentioned above. However this time I could apply the solution because my user had a separate folder.

So:

1. extract the VinyUI50 folder
2. login with your bugged char
3. quit the game
4. Remove everything in the EA_backpackwindow folder as mentioned above
5. Login again
6. Enjoy fixed bags including seeing all crafting mats ;)

Chrathrard

Post#18 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:17 am

Dwarni wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:36 am I had the same problem. I guess the problem was that I never extracted the VinyUI50 folder because it wasn't mentioned as necessary.
Really wish this forum had a strikethrough for text. I FINALLY found my solution, and it was so obscure I would never think of it again.
At some point, through patches, reinstalling and reverifying the game, I noticed there were two WAR.exe files (and I thought one was new, it wasn't). Obviously the RoRLauncher and the WAR-64 needed to be ran as administrator, but after changing the other WAR.exe, and the Updater, suddenly everything's a new kind of maybe-broken, but all of the files started appearing. After deleting the first character's EABackpack contents, all of them fixed.
Every time you run the game, UAC asks for permissions, so I never even thought something seemingly irrelevant needed them, too. (Obviously not a programmer; I don't know if it's literally running everything at the same time and I was supposed to know this beforehand.) And literally every other thing in the game (from what I saw) worked as normal. I'd love to update the Read Me.txt to specifically say, "If you see an .exe, set it to 'Run as administrator.'" (It only says to do this for the Launcher, but WAR-64 on 64bit was assumed.)
Last edited by Chrathrard on Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Dwarni

Post#19 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:36 am

Yep I used this torrent a few days ago to download the game.

In the VinylUI50 zip file there are two folders:

- interface
- user

you have to extract both into the Warhammer game directory where the RoRLauncher.exe file is.

After the first launch, the character-specific folder was created in the user directory.

I'd also recommend disabling all addons and only activate the ones that you need. DeathBlow2 for example made dot icons appear on enemies without any dots or corpses...

Did you move the folder to a new location so the torrent client might not block it for some reason? It is also better to copy it in a user directory (like desktop, documents, etc) so your current user has full access to it without having to manually change that.