Recent Topics

Ads

Having a problem with Launcher

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Mudr

Having a problem with Launcher

Post#1 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:49 pm

Hello, I have been playing the game successfully, but today it said downloading 1/1 WAR-64.exe and it's giving me this error:

Error Downloading HTTP:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Return of Reckoning\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\WAR-64.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRLauncher.Client.A98wHY8h7w09xWaFRnT(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
at RoRLauncher.Client.qr1ZxRLQGc(Object , Object )

I cannot access the game, sorry if this problem is addressed somewhere else. Any clue on what to do? The game was working fine until the launcher tried to download this specific thing.

Ads
Acidic

Re: Having a problem with Launcher

Post#2 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Check virus protection did not flag that file. Some virus protection software has been identified as falsely flagging it.
May need to add the war directory to be excluded from you anti virus

If it’s not that then also try place the game under c:\ror and not under program files and recheck write protect. Think the directory automatically applies a write protect on the subdirectories on startup

Mudr

Re: Having a problem with Launcher

Post#3 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:07 pm

Moving it c/ror worked, thank you