Recent Topics

Ads

Computer shuts down while playing with sound enabled

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Masek

Computer shuts down while playing with sound enabled

Post#1 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:52 am

I've been encountering the same issue for the last few months and hoping for assistance.

When playing with my sound enabled (sound card not in game settings), my computer will shutdown and restart, usually within the first few minutes. If I disable my sound (e.g., unplug my speakers), I can play without issue.

WAR is the only game where this occurs.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be happening? Ways to troubleshoot? Details I can provide to help?

I've re-installed a few times, downloaded the updated audio file that causes some people issues, but can't locate the fix.

Thanks in advance,
Mase - WP

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Computer shuts down while playing with sound enabled

Post#2 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:36 am

Sounds like a driver issue if you ask me. Do you use onboard sound or do you have a dedicated sound card?

Masek

Post#3 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:14 am

Thanks for the reply. Onboard sound. I notice the driver for my AMD High Definition Audio Device was updated around the time I started to have these issues, so i'll mess with it some.

Skullgrin

Post#4 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:04 pm

Make sure you have the option for enhanced audio unchecked. It is called EAX enhanced audio, I think. It was an option for those with Creative Audio sound cards, caused problems on live too, even for those that had that specific brand of sound card.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

caseydykes84

Post#5 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:47 pm

So my game is doing the same thing, and I can't seem to fix it. All my drivers are up to date, and the enhanced audio thing isn't even an option for me it's grey and unchecked. I'm having a great time playing when my rig doesn't restart. All my stats for my pc are good it's not being over worked or getting hot, I have more than enough power also.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#6 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:59 pm

Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

caseydykes84

Post#7 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:46 pm

I have already replaced the audio.myp

caseydykes84

Post#8 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:05 am

I fixed it by disabling all sound cards other than the one I am currently using which is my headset usb, Seems to have done the job!!!!

Ads