Recent Topics

Ads

Best Melee DPS?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
wildwindblows

Re: Best Melee DPS?

Post#31 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:06 am

Swiss army doesnt work when u get one shoot from wl. And Also there are so many trade offs. You cant get knockdown heal %50 heal db same time but any other dps classes can get. If u get knockdown and %50 heal db u cant get %50 more crit then what is the meaning of this class named as dps? Any other dps class can easliy kills mara even that medium armor so pls play the class before write comment.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:08 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:06 am Swiss army doesnt work when u get one shoot from wl. And Also there are so many trade offs. You cant get knockdown heal %50 heal db same time but any other dps classes can get. If u get knockdown and %50 heal db u cant get %50 more crit then what is the meaning of this class named as dps? Any other dps class can easliy kills mara even that medium armor so pls play the class before write comment.
What is your experience with the class? rank, rr, gear?

The WL has no healdebuff either, when going for KD. And it's a less useful outgoing healdebuff.
Dying is no option.

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#33 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:40 pm

As a main snb tank 82 rr ive always tended to favour slayers they do massive damage very quickly. They are easier to follow than wl due to wl using pounce and charge a lot. This put them of guard range and nightmare to keep up with. As long as slayer doesnt run about like a bloody maniac and stays with the guard it is the most effective mdps in the game imo.

wildwindblows

Post#34 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:49 pm

Mara lives the worst time so far. My mara's rr 78 and gear bs set by the way.

larsulu
Suspended

Post#35 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:07 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:41 am
wildwindblows wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:15 am Everyone saying im wrong but they cannot recommend mara. You can figure it out from there. I'm just saying mara was the good dps but were ruined. Now it's the weakest mdps in the game
wat

armor debuff
charge
medium armor
wounds debuff
medium high sustained dps output
pull
ranged KD
m1 root
AP drain (AOE+ST)
AOE kd
AOE interrupt
AOE disorient
AOE morale drain
m2 bomb
self heal stance
enemy armor pen ignore stance

and I'm probably forgetting some other extras they have up in their sleeve full of aces

Mara is as a close to being a living Swiss Army knife as you can get
Maybe they dont have "high risk high reward sure suicide" mechanic of choppa, or don't get similar 1v1 opportunities as WEs - but generally it is a solid class choice. You can do solid dmg, while have solid survival chance, so much utility that you would need several destro classes added together to outpass the utility toolkit that a mara brings.
Nobody says Mara is trash dps. Like the list you put it down Mara is a solid dps but it get nerfed too much while they buffed other dps.
Wounds debuff totally destroyed.
Draining swipe is a useless ability.
Everyone get mad about “monstro stance “ but is very easy to counter ( riposte, magic dmg , high parry ).
What about kd ? Oh is happens when Mara disrupt so.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

larsulu
Suspended

Post#36 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:07 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:15 am Everyone saying im wrong but they cannot recommend mara. You can figure it out from there. I'm just saying mara was the good dps but were ruined. Now it's the weakest mdps in the game
wat

armor debuff
charge
medium armor
wounds debuff
pull
ranged KD
m1 root
AP drain (AOE+ST)
AOE kd
AOE interrupt
AOE disorient
AOE morale drain
m2 bomb
self heal stance

and I'm probably forgetting some other extras they have up in their sleeve full of aces

Maybe they dont have "high risk high reward sure suicide" mechanic of choppa, or don't get similar 1v1 opportunities as WEs - but generally it is a solid class choice. You can do solid dmg, while have solid survival chance, so much utility that you would need several destro classes added together to outpass the utility toolkit that a mara brings.
Nobody says Mara is trash dps. Like the list you put it down Mara is a solid dps but it get nerfed too much while they buffed other dps.
Everyone get mad about “monstro stance “ but is very easy to counter ( riposte, magic dmg , high parry ).
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Zxul

Post#37 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:28 pm

Funny thing, on all my toons (tank magus, hybrid dps chosen, hybrid dps dok), I consider wls a free renown sticks with legs.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

wildwindblows

Post#38 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:22 pm

larsulu wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:07 pm
wat

armor debuff
charge
medium armor
wounds debuff
pull
ranged KD
m1 root
AP drain (AOE+ST)
AOE kd
AOE interrupt
AOE disorient
AOE morale drain
m2 bomb
self heal stance

Indeed. Armor db were destroyed too.Also u should pray to activate monstro stance buff when doing 1v1 and this is so ridiculous if u go with sav/brut.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#39 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:20 am

wildwindblows wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:49 pm Mara lives the worst time so far. My mara's rr 78 and gear bs set by the way.
Then you most likely didn't learn much during your ride to almost rr80. Are you this kind if mara, who roams solo and joins sc solo as well, only to charge in and melt at frontline?
Join a premade and all your debuffs will enhance the power of everyone in your group. Don't expect extreme burst with your entire toolkit.
Dying is no option.

larsulu
Suspended

Post#40 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:33 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:20 am
wildwindblows wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:49 pm Mara lives the worst time so far. My mara's rr 78 and gear bs set by the way.
Then you most likely didn't learn much during your ride to almost rr80. Are you this kind if mara, who roams solo and joins sc solo as well, only to charge in and melt at frontline?
Join a premade and all your debuffs will enhance the power of everyone in your group. Don't expect extreme burst with your entire toolkit.
Like all dps.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok