Recent Topics

Ads

Best Melee DPS?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
WeGotThis

Re: Best Melee DPS?

Post#41 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:17 pm

There are 4 possible ways you won't deal a shitload of damage with Marauder...

1. You skilled like a Troll
2. You just have no skill
3. You didn't master the stance dance
4. You disregarded the low base Initiative of the Marauder and die to crits. :lol:

Wounds debuff got nerfed in Value and to a 13pt ability,
nevertheless it's the skill with highest damage output, (beside Guillotine)

Ads
larsulu
Suspended

Post#42 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:48 pm

WeGotThis wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:17 pm There are 4 possible ways you won't deal a shitload of damage with Marauder...

4. You disregarded the low base Initiative of the Marauder and die to crits. :lol:

TB Became the weakest wound debuff in the game.
Draining swipe ? Cd 10 duration 5 secs with stance dancing 5 sec cd. Pretty useless.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

wildwindblows

Post#43 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:09 pm

WeGotThis wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:17 pm There are 4 possible ways you won't deal a shitload of damage with Marauder...

1-2. You are wrong. Im troll and also have no skill.
3. Stop talking about stance dance. It isn't a hard thing but its key. Also Mara has no time to chance stance when get knockdown and die instantly.
4. 0 Change to be crit rule valid for all mdps class if want to survive not just for mara ??!!!

Sulorie

Post#44 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:43 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:09 pm

1-2. You are wrong. Im troll and also have no skill.
3. Stop talking about stance dance. It isn't a hard thing but its key. Also Mara has no time to chance stance when get knockdown and die instantly.
4. 0 Change to be crit rule valid for all mdps class if want to survive not just for mara ??!!!
Mara has lowest init of destro mdps so yes, albeit everyone should aim for 0% ctbc, mara has the most to invest unless picking certain overall less useful stat tactics.
When you die in knockdown, then the blame is on you, only you.
Dying is no option.

zgolec

Post#45 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:33 am

MDPS on order: slayer. Great for aoe / wb plays as well as small scale st.
RDPS on order: wizard. Hands down. Not much to discuss here.

WL is awesome for solo but you will have problems to het into any kind of organised WB unless they are your guildies/friends. Same for SW.

If you want have awesome toon and got no problem into getting into wb of any kind i suggest slay or wizard.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

BeautfulToad

Post#46 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:15 pm

The fad among the destro young 'uns who are saying the choppa is a weak class, and significantly worse than the slayer, is loltastical. Here is the basic strategy of the AoE slayer and choppa:

Slayer:

1. run into mob
2. click rampage
3. mash buttons
4. profit

Choppa:

1. get to the choppa
2. mash buttons
3. profit

"bUt wHat abOUt tAnKy SLayeЯ?" I hear them ask. I'd imagine about 2% of all level 40 slayers on the server ever bother trying something like that. I am sure some uber l33t guild will be on to explain how their mate ol' man Jenkins or whomever was a 2handed slayer before the devs "nerfed pvp" and forced poor ol' jenkins into a zergling and he has left the server to grind up a elf druid in WoW classic. I am sure he did very well at solo ganking with a pocket healer and tank or something. I have personally seen one 2handed slayer in T4, and, yes, he did significantly less damage than a dual wield choppa or slayer, who are literally doing thousands of points of damage per second. Does one class do slightly more than the other class? IDK, but it so clearly a trivial difference.

Akilinus

Post#47 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:26 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:15 pm The fad among the destro young 'uns who are saying the choppa is a weak class, and significantly worse than the slayer, is loltastical. Here is the basic strategy of the AoE slayer and choppa:

Slayer:

1. run into mob
2. click rampage
3. mash buttons
4. profit

Choppa:

1. get to the choppa
2. mash buttons
3. profit

"bUt wHat abOUt tAnKy SLayeЯ?" I hear them ask. I'd imagine about 2% of all level 40 slayers on the server ever bother trying something like that. I am sure some uber l33t guild will be on to explain how their mate ol' man Jenkins or whomever was a 2handed slayer before the devs "nerfed pvp" and forced poor ol' jenkins into a zergling and he has left the server to grind up a elf druid in WoW classic. I am sure he did very well at solo ganking with a pocket healer and tank or something. I have personally seen one 2handed slayer in T4, and, yes, he did significantly less damage than a dual wield choppa or slayer, who are literally doing thousands of points of damage per second. Does one class do slightly more than the other class? IDK, but it so clearly a trivial difference.
You talk the talk but do you walk the walk?
In game name?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

TenTonHammer

Post#48 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:36 pm

A busted for **** ability that the devs refuse to change dosnt make choppa good

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#49 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:49 pm

Akilinus wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:26 pm You talk the talk but do you walk the walk?
In game name?

:lol:

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:36 pm A busted for **** ability that the devs refuse to change dosnt make choppa good

A well equipped aoe choppa is very very strong, and like the slayer, is pretty much the only mdps you really need in a warband. That ability is the top of the aoe tree, and is an alternative to the slayer rampage (which is also very strong). Genuinely not sure why choppa suddenly became hated overnight when it was the one class order always complain about.

Even if you say slayer is better than choppa, which I don't think is right, you can't realistically buff choppa. It is already the strongest mdps class on destro.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grock

Post#50 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:51 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:15 pm"bUt wHat abOUt tAnKy SLayeЯ?" I hear them ask. I'd imagine about 2% of all level 40 slayers on the server ever bother trying something like that
Is that some kind of desto urban legend? :lol:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)