Recent Topics

Ads

Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
BloodPaladin

Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

Post#1 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:32 pm

Hi guys, please give me some help. I downloaded the game and followed the steps (download and copy paste the launcher, uncheck read only, run as administrator) but the launcher updates until the message of error appears. This message is where the error on the title is referenced.

I have searched many threads but been unable to find any where a solution is found. I have tried it all: Changing permissions, check if 64 bit is activated, reboot, reinstall, unchecking read only on all files, copy pasting the launcher multiple times, etc. I know that this forum prefers not to have threads about the same thing but I wouldn't be posting if I hadn't tried this many solutions before.

Just in case: I have the game installed with the Client (I tried with the Torrent first, same results and the solutions I tried didn't worked). Thanks.

Ads
reekjohns

Re: Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

Post#2 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:32 am

A SocketException is thrown by the Socket and Dns classes when an error occurs with the network. Most of the time these are connectivity issues due to different IP protocols (IPV4/IPV6) between the two server/computers trying to communicate or extra authentication rules setup on one of the computers for in/out connectivity.

Ways to troubleshoot the issue are, check you have proper internet connection is there on your machine or not, and you are able to ping the remote server or not. Possible causes for the error:

You are using the wrong IP address.
You are using the wrong port.
Firewall blocking the connection.

Acidic

Re: Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

Post#3 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:37 am

Check that windows defender /or equivalent is not blocking the game From making connections