Recent Topics

Ads

CPU Best suited for ROR!

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Stophy22

Re: CPU Best suited for ROR!

Post#11 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:05 am

Wdova wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:00 am M8 I dont think you will be dissapointed on any of those 2 CPUs :)))

They are beasts I mean trully beasts. Your setup is great no matter what.

I play on 6,5 year old laptop with 4 core i7-4700hq, 16gm ram and gtx 770m(GTX 660 non Ti desktop equivalent). In pve dungeon it runs fine. In big fights my fps drop to like 20ish and in huge fits all I see is just slide show :-D
xD Slide show thats the perfect way to describe it hahaha!
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:27 am

If you do Photoshop or some rendering work, take the Ryzen 9, because it runs much faster than a i9.
In gaming both get high fps in new games, albeit for those the gpu is usually more important.
At resolutions above 1080p, both cpu are pretty similar.
Clocked down to 4ghz for comparison, the Ryzen is about 13% faster than Intel with same clock speed. Therefore a Ryzen with 4,3ghz runs like a 4,8ghz cpu for single core performance , when you compare it to 5ghz on Intel system.
Maybe the in-depth test review I have seen was rubbish but it looked good. :D
Dying is no option.

Stophy22

Post#13 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:25 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:27 am If you do Photoshop or some rendering work, take the Ryzen 9, because it runs much faster than a i9.
In gaming both get high fps in new games, albeit for those the gpu is usually more important.
At resolutions above 1080p, both cpu are pretty similar.
Clocked down to 4ghz for comparison, the Ryzen is about 13% faster than Intel with same clock speed. Therefore a Ryzen with 4,3ghz runs like a 4,8ghz cpu for single core performance , when you compare it to 5ghz on Intel system.
Maybe the in-depth test review I have seen was rubbish but it looked good. :D
Ah I plan to do photoshop and rendering work as well for my job as a game dev. I was hooked on the i9-9900k for the longest time and then I talked to co-workers and customers at my job and ryzen 9 just came out on top during all of those talks. I really appreciate your information thank you. :) Also you say gpu is important for fps in gaming, what about streaming? Would my 2080 I plan to purchase be adequate?
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Telen
Suspended

Post#14 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:42 pm

You'll get more out of the Ryzen but this game doesnt need anything like that sort of power.

I'll probably be getting the 3600 as it looks like where the value is.

Sulorie

Post#15 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:06 pm

Stophy22 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:25 pm Also you say gpu is important for fps in gaming, what about streaming? Would my 2080 I plan to purchase be adequate?
You can put the streaming load either on gpu or cpu. On RTX gpus, the quality is much better than previously on Nvidia gpus. But you want to use cpu rendering codec in your streaming software, so the gpu doesn't matter here.
The rtx 2080 is totally fine for everything.
Dying is no option.

Stophy22

Post#16 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:30 pm

Otay thanks guys I think ill stick with my Ryzen 9 and everything I just wanted to see if there was any red lights with my purchase :)
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

saupreusse
Developer

Post#17 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:15 pm

Stophy22 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:30 pm Otay thanks guys I think ill stick with my Ryzen 9 and everything I just wanted to see if there was any red lights with my purchase :)
The bottlenecks youll experience will stay the same. Aka the very old and unoptimized client aswell as the slow war emu which is coded in c#.dont expect a much better performance in big fights. As long as you have a half decent chip, any manufacturer would do the trick i guess. The percentages in performance that you gain are very limited by the reasons stated above. :) also gamebryo (warhammer engine) doesnt support fpa higher than 99.

Stophy22

Post#18 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:42 pm

saupreusse wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:15 pm
Stophy22 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:30 pm Otay thanks guys I think ill stick with my Ryzen 9 and everything I just wanted to see if there was any red lights with my purchase :)
The bottlenecks youll experience will stay the same. Aka the very old and unoptimized client aswell as the slow war emu which is coded in c#.dont expect a much better performance in big fights. As long as you have a half decent chip, any manufacturer would do the trick i guess. The percentages in performance that you gain are very limited by the reasons stated above. :) also gamebryo (warhammer engine) doesnt support fpa higher than 99.
thats rough to hear but if I can stream it and it won't drop in fps then I will have achieved my goal. I didn't expect any chip to really run warhammer too well as it is subject to the reasons mentioned by you to always run poorly. I appreciate the knowledge greatly.
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
MaxHayman
Management

Post#19 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:50 pm