Recent Topics

Ads

What`s changed from last night

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Phantasm

What`s changed from last night

Post#1 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:49 am

I reinstalled Windows 10 yesterday and at the last part of whole procedure I started playing ROR. Everything was beatiful, reshade enabled, audio perfectly tuned with moded realtek manager + few programs (dolby atmos), I toggled few OSD parameters via radeon overlay, all perfect: GPU utilization around 20-30%, CPU utilization around 64-67% with all cores and threads running (checked via windows monitoring tool, all graphs were above 60%).
Today morning happy with XP weekend I started game and suddenly CPU utilization went to 15% but windows monitoring tool showed only CPU 1 running at almost 100% and rest CPU 2 - CPU 12 are at minimal value. Restarted Launcher - 32bit was on, last night was 64bit. But still enabling 64bit launcher didnt change CPU utilization, still only 1st core working almost full and rest not.
Did the today morning patch changed how the game works?
I tried QuickCPU tool to unpark all cores, all are unparked as the display say, but still when game is on only CPU 1 working at 100%, rest at almost 0-10%.

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Re: What`s changed from last night

Post#2 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:57 am

This game mostly only utilises 1 core, back when multithreading wasn't priority/optimised in games. This behaviour is normal for the game.

Phantasm

Re: What`s changed from last night

Post#3 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:01 am

Thing is, last night it showed all cores were above 60% and total was 64-67%. I even spoke with one guy online ad advice chat Carinoheal, hes cores were also around same values - all.