Recent Topics

Ads

Help installing the game - March 2020 Update

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
imperialdeadite

Re: Help installing the game - March 2020 Update

Post#161 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:41 pm

Garligi wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:16 pm
imperialdeadite wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:02 pm
I had one friend that needed to copy the DX9 files from the RoR folder and paste them into the windows folder (I don't recall which one).
Have you visually confirmed that the DX9 files are where they need to be?

Or have you tried uninstalling the game, restarting the laptop, install, restart and then launch?
Or uninstalled on the laptop. Then installed via file sharing the files from your other computer?
I've checked between the desktop and the laptop, the DX9 files are in the right places (C:\Windows\System32 and SysWOW64)

I tried both your methods, but nothing changes. The launcher won't open.
The only other thing I can suggest is to delete the RoR files. Then do a direct download of the program from this website and install that.
Waaghkiller the Man Hunter -- Goblin Shaman

Ads
rochambeaux

Post#162 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:17 pm

Followed latest instructions and keep ending up with this:

Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'E:\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\art.myp' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at WarZoneLib.MYP.B5lsDurUKp7MXnmEEd(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
at WarZoneLib.MYP..ctor(String fileName, FileAccess access)
at WarZoneLib.MYPManager.Get(MythicPackage archive)
at RoRLauncher.Client.HknXgX8I1CQ3FVY7npS(MythicPackage archive)
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.IkaEZ48iD826NFTu0BH(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.OnReceive(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.rSN1Kf8QdDryQ7nW8sU(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm(Object )

Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager

Post#163 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:09 pm

rochambeaux wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:17 pm
Followed latest instructions and keep ending up with this:

Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'E:\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\art.myp' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at WarZoneLib.MYP.B5lsDurUKp7MXnmEEd(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
at WarZoneLib.MYP..ctor(String fileName, FileAccess access)
at WarZoneLib.MYPManager.Get(MythicPackage archive)
at RoRLauncher.Client.HknXgX8I1CQ3FVY7npS(MythicPackage archive)
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.IkaEZ48iD826NFTu0BH(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.OnReceive(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.rSN1Kf8QdDryQ7nW8sU(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm(Object )

You need to go to \ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\ - right click, properties, untick Read-Only.
* Kaelang - Disciple of Khaine RR83 *
* PM me your worst exploits - I might have treats in return *

Garligi

Post#164 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:55 am

imperialdeadite wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:41 pm
The only other thing I can suggest is to delete the RoR files. Then do a direct download of the program from this website and install that.
I did dl the game (via torrent) 2 times already, tried via copying folder from my desktop. None of it works, there is a rorlauncher process appearing in task manager but the launcher itself isn't opening.

Could it be incompatibility with the graphic card ? (it's a Geforce GTX 960M)

Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager

Post#165 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:57 am

Garligi wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:55 am
imperialdeadite wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:41 pm
I did dl the game (via torrent) 2 times already, tried via copying folder from my desktop. None of it works, there is a rorlauncher process appearing in task manager but the launcher itself isn't opening.

Could it be incompatibility with the graphic card ? (it's a Geforce GTX 960M)
I've just read a previous post of yours on here that you say the DX9 libraries are in the system directory.

Are you saying you have moved the libs OUT of the RoR directory? This could be what's causing the problems - your launcher is likely looking for the libs in a specific folder, but if you have moved them, then they won't be where they should be.

Garligi

Post#166 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:44 am

Kaelang wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:57 am
I've just read a previous post of yours on here that you say the DX9 libraries are in the system directory.

Are you saying you have moved the libs OUT of the RoR directory? This could be what's causing the problems - your launcher is likely looking for the libs in a specific folder, but if you have moved them, then they won't be where they should be.
I didn't move anything : when i opened the Direct X9 setup, all the zip files in the DX9 folder (from the download) were installed in the system directory.

Should i unzip them in the ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\dx90c folder ?

Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager

Post#167 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:28 am

Garligi wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:44 am
Kaelang wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:57 am

I didn't move anything : when i opened the Direct X9 setup, all the zip files in the DX9 folder (from the download) were installed in the system directory.

Should i unzip them in the ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\dx90c folder ?
No keep them in there, you ran the DX9 Setup from the folder though correct? And installed DX9 as a program?

Garligi

Post#168 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:23 am

Kaelang wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:28 am
No keep them in there, you ran the DX9 Setup from the folder though correct? And installed DX9 as a program?
Yes i did.

Ads
thomadtom

Post#169 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:15 am

I love the blunt survival games like fighting, mod apk but do not know where it is, you know how to introduce yourself.

Nefertari

Post#170 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:24 pm

I did all of the above to get the game reinstalled and everytime I go to log in, it has to download manifest and verify everytime. Did I do something wrong? what am I missing? Thank you
update: it is now downloading. I don't want to have to wait for it to do this everytime I go to play. when I had installed earlier today and launched the game it just did the manifest and verify and than bam I was able to play, but now it is downloading.