Recent Topics

Ads

Help installing the game - March 2020 Update

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager

Re: Help installing the game - March 2020 Update

Post#121 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:34 pm

SwiftDarkShadow wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:33 pm
On the download page there isn't a step three???
Plz help somebody.
The OP of this thread will give you everything you need to install the game.
* Kaelang - Disciple of Khaine RR83 *
* PM me your worst exploits - I might have treats in return *

Ads
Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager

Post#122 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:35 pm

bregadan wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:25 am
Hi there, I followed the instructions to boot, twice actually, I re downloaded the torrent and I'm still getting this problem when I run the game viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24322
Looks like a problem with the DX9 Libraries. Did you follow the readme file included within the installation file and install Dx9?

bregadan

Post#123 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:51 pm

Kaelang wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:35 pm
bregadan wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:25 am
Hi there, I followed the instructions to boot, twice actually, I re downloaded the torrent and I'm still getting this problem when I run the game viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24322
Looks like a problem with the DX9 Libraries. Did you follow the readme file included within the installation file and install Dx9?
Yes, I did. Several time, Dx9 is up and running.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#124 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:11 pm

We have intentionally removed step 3 as a bit of Chaos roleplay. It was ill-advised, but now it's gone and no one really remembers what it was.

The install guide in the giant red box above this thread should be sufficient to get the vast majority of people up and running with the following caveats.

- Aggressive Antivirus/Firewall interfering with the torrent download or game files
- Terrible ISP/network connection that has frequent significant lag spikes that causes the auth server to drop your connection
- Inability to read or follow instructions, which is probably ironic that I'm listing it here as it's not going to be read by anyone that should probably do so
- Desire to sow toxicity in-game, usually resulting in a face-meets-hammer situation.

Also I'll link to the install guide again at the bottom in case caveat #3 guy is looking for it.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31241
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Krimzun

Post#125 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:54 am

In the guide they reference the launcher can be used to download the game. I have yet to find a working link to the launcher as I do not want to use a torrent. Has that been removed? several of the links I have used on this site are either broken or go to websites that no longer work.

Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager

Post#126 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:56 am

Krimzun wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:54 am
In the guide they reference the launcher can be used to download the game. I have yet to find a working link to the launcher as I do not want to use a torrent. Has that been removed? several of the links I have used on this site are either broken or go to websites that no longer work.
I wouldn't be able to suggest any working links as the large majority of players utilise the torrent for a quicker and more efficient installation. I appreciate your concern for using torrents, but is there any specific reason that you don't want to use the recommended option? (i.e. torrent DL).

sixxam

Post#127 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:21 pm

John01 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:38 am
I'm getting the same error as a couple other people posted, and I have even deleted my torrent program just to be sure it was not the issue and am still getting the error.
I reinstalled 3 different times, and ran as administrator and unlocked each time.

Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\John\Desktop\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\art.myp' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at WarZoneLib.MYP.B5lsDurUKp7MXnmEEd(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
at WarZoneLib.MYP..ctor(String fileName, FileAccess access)
at WarZoneLib.MYPManager.Get(MythicPackage archive)
at RoRLauncher.Client.HknXgX8I1CQ3FVY7npS(MythicPackage archive)
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.IkaEZ48iD826NFTu0BH(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.OnReceive(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.rSN1Kf8QdDryQ7nW8sU(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm(Object )
same here solution??

Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager

Post#128 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:24 pm

sixxam wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:21 pm
John01 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:38 am
I'm getting the same error as a couple other people posted, and I have even deleted my torrent program just to be sure it was not the issue and am still getting the error.
I reinstalled 3 different times, and ran as administrator and unlocked each time.

Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\John\Desktop\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\art.myp' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at WarZoneLib.MYP.B5lsDurUKp7MXnmEEd(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
at WarZoneLib.MYP..ctor(String fileName, FileAccess access)
at WarZoneLib.MYPManager.Get(MythicPackage archive)
at RoRLauncher.Client.HknXgX8I1CQ3FVY7npS(MythicPackage archive)
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.IkaEZ48iD826NFTu0BH(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.OnReceive(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.rSN1Kf8QdDryQ7nW8sU(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm(Object )
same here solution??
Move the folder to your C:\ drive and make sure it's not set to Read-Only when you right click.

Ads
Voldred

Post#129 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:09 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a problem. I download the file, reinstal DirectX9, launch on administrateur, making sure it's not set to read-only and when I want to launch via RoR launcher and I obtain the following message :
Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\art.myp' est refusé.
à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
à WarZoneLib.MYP.B5lsDurUKp7MXnmEEd(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
à WarZoneLib.MYP..ctor(String fileName, FileAccess access)
à WarZoneLib.MYPManager.Get(MythicPackage archive)
à RoRLauncher.Client.HknXgX8I1CQ3FVY7npS(MythicPackage archive)
à RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
à RoRLauncher.Client.IkaEZ48iD826NFTu0BH(Object )
à RoRLauncher.Client.OnReceive(PacketIn packet)
à RoRLauncher.Client.rSN1Kf8QdDryQ7nW8sU(Object )
à RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm(Object )

So, I move my file in my C:\, Try again... and fail.

I think I need a little help.

(sorry, I'm not very good in english)

Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager

Post#130 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:17 pm

Voldred wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:09 pm
Hello everyone,

I have a problem. I download the file, reinstal DirectX9, launch on administrateur, making sure it's not set to read-only and when I want to launch via RoR launcher and I obtain the following message :
Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\art.myp' est refusé.
à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
à WarZoneLib.MYP.B5lsDurUKp7MXnmEEd(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
à WarZoneLib.MYP..ctor(String fileName, FileAccess access)
à WarZoneLib.MYPManager.Get(MythicPackage archive)
à RoRLauncher.Client.HknXgX8I1CQ3FVY7npS(MythicPackage archive)
à RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
à RoRLauncher.Client.IkaEZ48iD826NFTu0BH(Object )
à RoRLauncher.Client.OnReceive(PacketIn packet)
à RoRLauncher.Client.rSN1Kf8QdDryQ7nW8sU(Object )
à RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm(Object )

So, I move my file in my C:\, Try again... and fail.

I think I need a little help.

(sorry, I'm not very good in english)
Have you stopped your torrent from seeding?