Recent Topics

Ads

Authentication Failed - Application Will Now Terminate

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Novantco

Re: Authentication Failed - Application Will Now Terminate

Post#21 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:16 pm

bigpapigrande wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:41 pm
Novantco wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:49 pm
bigpapigrande wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:43 pm

Im also in the UK can I ask what VPN you use, I tried Hotspot but that didn't seem to work sadly. I did however use the free version but wanted to see if it worked before I put money into it.
Yeah it's just the free verson of Hotspot. It's tricky as you sometimes have to spam the login to get it too work. So the game will load but no signing in screen will show. I just press close game then try again. Sometimes it works first time, it is bit annoying but once it's up and running I can play with no issue.
Cheer thanks for that, I assume you set it the USA? Such a shame as I used to play this game years ago when the official servers were up, and then years later I now find this is up and they are making new content. Can you tell me on average how many times you have to discount and then connect to finally be able to log into the game?
Nps, yeh it only sets to USA for the free version of Hotspot. At about 5pm today it took me like 6 or 8 times to log on. Then I had a break a couple of hours later and logged on first try. I think it also depends on how busy the server is as well.

Ads
bigpapigrande

Post#22 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:28 am

Novantco wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:16 pm
bigpapigrande wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:41 pm
Novantco wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:49 pm

Yeah it's just the free verson of Hotspot. It's tricky as you sometimes have to spam the login to get it too work. So the game will load but no signing in screen will show. I just press close game then try again. Sometimes it works first time, it is bit annoying but once it's up and running I can play with no issue.
Cheer thanks for that, I assume you set it the USA? Such a shame as I used to play this game years ago when the official servers were up, and then years later I now find this is up and they are making new content. Can you tell me on average how many times you have to discount and then connect to finally be able to log into the game?
Nps, yeh it only sets to USA for the free version of Hotspot. At about 5pm today it took me like 6 or 8 times to log on. Then I had a break a couple of hours later and logged on first try. I think it also depends on how busy the server is as well.
Damn I must of tried at least 20 times last night. Cant help but think its something else at this point

bigpapigrande

Post#23 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:04 pm

So I'm from the Uk and have TalkTalk as my internet provider and Router, I have also been having problems connecting. I tried the VPN (Hotspot) and also even logged into my router to change its settings which did nothing. I then tried an old BT router that I had from when they were my internet provider and it logged in fine with not issues and didn't even need the VPN.

I know from reading the solutions some has worked and other not but thought I at least share my workaround if anyone is in the same situation.

Note: The game also connected on a laptop if I used my phone as a hotspot, but didn't really want to use this as gameplay as it would use my data (but an also an option if your data plan is unlimited or massive)

Hope this helps at least one person.

DaWaffleSupreme

Post#24 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:24 pm

I am from the US, and am currently having this problem. My game is installed on an SSD external hard drive, and has seemingly randomly worked twice, once today and once yesterday. I have gone through all the steps and tricks I could find, and none of them have any effect. I have absolutely no clue how I can connect once a day, and every time after that be faced with only four options (Cinematic, Credits, Settings, Quit) and a little black box on the right. Is there anyone out there with anyway to increase the number of times I can connect per day?

Ahriman0

Post#25 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:59 pm

I have this Problem just now after i was in the Destro City and from one moment to another all NPC and Player disapear. i was alone in the City. I closed the Game and want to conect again but nothing works anymore. If i pick my character that i used last time the Game crash with the "Authentication Failed - Application Will Now Terminate" Window. I played weeks without Problems. I will try tomorrow again maybe its an Internet conection Problem but i think its a bit difficulty thing with the game itself or my maybe my Profile is crashed thats be the worst case. :(

Just want to give a Reply:

After the Server was restarted evrything is just fine, i can login normaly and can play again. I am sooooo happy and i Love WAR!!! :)
Last edited by Ahriman0 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

imperialdeadite

Post#26 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:07 am

I was in game and everything stopped loading. Chat stopped recognizing peoples chats and everything was froze.
Waaghkiller the Man Hunter -- Goblin Shaman

Ahriman0

Post#27 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:26 am

imperialdeadite wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:07 am I was in game and everything stopped loading. Chat stopped recognizing peoples chats and everything was froze.
the Server was restarted try again. :)

Dui

Post#28 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:47 am

Still having this issue myself. Been trying for a couple of days now. Even after the server restart. I downloaded it freshly on my laptop as well and still the same error. Connected to my neighbors wifi (they let me lol) to see if it was something in my settings but same error. =\

Ads
tren89

Post#29 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:44 am

Relaunching is the only thing that works consistently.

Minkua

Post#30 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:37 am

The issue is router firewall related, can you try using your phone as your internet? Just to see if it works after that