Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher has taken a full week to download

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
EvilbillData

Launcher has taken a full week to download

Post#1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:44 am

Hey there! Great job with bringing back WAR! I have an issue, which may or may not be a massive problem or it may just be how things are supposed to work now (although they haven't in this way before); basically, every time I load up the launcher, I have to sit through it downloading EVERYTHING all over again, before it runs into an Error whose message changes each time. The strange thing is it still makes progress, however slow - when I first began the last Patch update (02/02/2019), I was sitting at 0/13000000 (download progress). Now, it's more like 2000/60000 (down by about a couple billion or so at a VERY rough estimate). I can live with the inconvenience, but I thought I'd bring it to you guys' attention before it happens to someone else or in case it actually has happened before.

I'm very worried that, by the time the next Patch comes out, I'll still be downloading and then it'll be back to 0/13000000. It's been 7 days now, and I held off on posting this initially because I wanted to make sure that something was wrong. If someone could maybe provide some input, that'd be much appreciated - I'm not asking for a clear resolution if it's not available, but just some input on why this has happened the past three times I've run ROR's launcher.

As it stands, I usually keep the launcher running 24/7 to avoid issues such as this, but when a new Patch comes out restarting it is unavoidable.

Thanks in advance for any support you guys can provide.

Ads
EvilbillData

Re: Launcher has taken a full week to download

Post#2 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:50 am

YAY! Fixed - so for anyone suffering the same issue, try clicking the "RoRUpdater.exe" instead of "RoRLauncher.exe." For some stupid reason it worked for me - download was over in like 2 seconds. Ty to those who may have thought about contributing to this topic.

eskobar2

Post#3 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:12 pm

I just deleted the game because of the same problem.. reinstalling to try "RoRUpdater.exe"

chargedbolt

Post#4 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:02 pm

get the torrent instead

ChicagoJoe

Post#5 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:12 pm

Seriously get the torrents instead. Sign up for a service, download, delete service.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

eskobar2

Post#6 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:16 pm

I did download the torrent but had constant errors at launcher

eskobar2

Post#7 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:19 pm

Where did you find RoRupdater.exe?

twitchtvbrobot02

Post#8 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:53 am

eskobar2 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:19 pm Where did you find RoRupdater.exe?
I would also like to know this.

Ads
EvilbillSchism

Post#9 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:14 am

Sorry only just saw this and am at work right now so I'll have to keep my response brief. If you go into your Documents folders, find the folder that "Launcher.exe" is located within (where you downloaded the game files to I think) and within that page you'll find "RORUpdater.exe." It's a little tricky I know; when I get home tonight I will see if I can link the actual pathway that I used, though there's no guarantees that the pathway is the same for everyone (still worth a try though).

In short, just go to your Warhammer Online files (wherever your game was installed to) in your Drive and it should be under one of the files there. Like I said, more to follow if I can find it again ;P

EvilbillSchism

Post#10 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:16 am

Also that was my Forum account; never used it before - was intended for a friend. Idk why it defaults to that on this computer. When I get home, next post will be on "EvilbillData"