Recent Topics

Ads

Game keeps crashing in large battles

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Alkarin

Game keeps crashing in large battles

Post#1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:59 pm

Hey guys, recently started playing again.

However in large battles, especially when fighting the lords in keep fights, my game keeps crashing about every 5-10mins.

I have a really beastly computer so I don't think its that.

I'm not getting any error messages, it just crashes and I'm back to the launcher.

Any ideas?

Ads
Urdeg

Re: Game keeps crashing in large battles

Post#2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:07 pm

Do you have the 32bit or 64bit client installed? Borderless windowed or fullscreen? Enemy / Friendly player names on or off? Try adjusting any of the above before anything else.
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Alkarin

Post#3 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:10 pm

How can i confirm whether the version I have is 32bit vs 64bit?

I've attempted to disable sound, used the 4gb patch and cleared game cache.

I play in borderless windowed with nameplates on.

Urdeg

Post#4 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:13 pm

Well play in fullscreen with names off during 200+ player RvR zones, can help quite a bit. As for the client, far as I could tell its an option on the installer, I can't say for sure whether it makes a difference but I have seen other players mentioning that the 64bit client is more stable if a little choppy.

The other two suggestions I gave you have both worked for me
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Rydiak

Post#5 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:42 pm

Alkarin wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:10 pm How can i confirm whether the version I have is 32bit vs 64bit?

I've attempted to disable sound, used the 4gb patch and cleared game cache.

I play in borderless windowed with nameplates on.
On the launcher, press the options button in the top-right corner. Select 64-bit.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Lunalechter

Post#6 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:42 pm

As they're having crashes with big battles. I get crashes with no battles. Game just starts making weird noises then crashes

Glorian

Post#7 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:54 pm

Check link in my signature to reduce crashes.

Lilim

Post#8 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:25 pm

Lunalechter wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:42 pm As they're having crashes with big battles. I get crashes with no battles. Game just starts making weird noises then crashes
Maybe this helps?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29542&hilit=sound.myp

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#9 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:41 pm

Lesti’s guide is still the best for this. Its amazing how much sound + names + stylized name font slows down the game. If you remember, you can also reduce all the visual settings when you enter a keep slap fight. All those abilities going off in one room is hell on your framerate if you have visual effects on.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#10 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:06 pm

Get the game setting on "Fastest Framerate" you will get **** graphic but you will be able to "enjoy" the game!
]