Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher Update

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Hellsing96

Launcher Update

Post#1 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:20 pm

Hello,

first time here. Newly registered, downloaded the game and moved the whole thing to a new Folder. Launcher works and starts, but it wants me to update it <- Red Update Button. When i click update, the update bar goes really fast from 0% to 100% and the launcher closes. When i start the launcher again it still wants me to update, but when i hit update this time, it says:

Error Downloading updater: cant Access to RorUpdater.exe.

Any idea what i am doing wrong?
Greetings

Ads
keir86200

Re: Launcher Update

Post#2 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:40 am

Same here :(

Error unpacking:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\Users\keir\Downloads\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll' est refusé.
à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
à RoRLauncher.MainWindow.Unpack(String fileName)

Elven
Former Staff

Post#3 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:15 pm

Hellsing96 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:20 pm Hello,

first time here. Newly registered, downloaded the game and moved the whole thing to a new Folder. Launcher works and starts, but it wants me to update it <- Red Update Button. When i click update, the update bar goes really fast from 0% to 100% and the launcher closes. When i start the launcher again it still wants me to update, but when i hit update this time, it says:

Greetings
Look inside your game folder for a file named "RorUpdater.exe". Right click > Run as administrator, and it should update the launcher to the latest state. Then try logging in with the RorLauncher.

Elven
Former Staff

Post#4 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:16 pm

keir86200 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:40 am Same here :(

Error unpacking:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\Users\keir\Downloads\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll' est refusé.
à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
à RoRLauncher.MainWindow.Unpack(String fileName)
Your error is different. You need to remove read only on the game folder.

Right click your Warhammer Online game folder > Properties > Uncheck "Read only" > OK > Apply to Sub folders.

Then try logging in.

keir86200

Post#5 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:21 pm

Thanks Elven

I dit it , but the " RoRLauncher" just ... dissappeared from the folder :/ I only have " RoRUpdater" left. When i click on it, the updates blocks at 100%, the "RoRLauncher" appears then go away again, with this error message :

Error Downloading updater:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Ressources système insuffisantes pour terminer le service demandé
à System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
à System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
à RoRUpdater.MainWindow.gy3MwXQNt3w1CDbjGc(Object )
à RoRUpdater.MainWindow.tYB114Sxk(Object , DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs )

Elven
Former Staff

Post#6 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:23 pm

keir86200 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:21 pm Thanks Elven

I dit it , but the " RoRLauncher" just ... dissappeared from the folder :/ I only have " RoRUpdater" left. When i click on it, the updates blocks at 100%, the "RoRLauncher" appears then go away again, with this error message :

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Ressources système insuffisantes pour terminer le service demandé
à System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
à System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
à RoRUpdater.MainWindow.gy3MwXQNt3w1CDbjGc(Object )
à RoRUpdater.MainWindow.tYB114Sxk(Object , DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs )
It sounds to me that an anti-malware program is preventing the the updater from executing, and is also deleting the RorLauncher file.

You will need to add an exception in your program for the entire game folder. That way, it won't delete files and block updates for the game.

keir86200

Post#7 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:48 pm

I did, now both of RoRLauncher and RoRupdater are gone in the folder, so i deleted all, i try to redownload the game, i'll tell you what happens then.

Hellsing96

Post#8 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:21 pm

Elven wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:15 pm
Hellsing96 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:20 pm Hello,

Greetings
Look inside your game folder for a file named "RorUpdater.exe". Right click > Run as administrator, and it should update the launcher to the latest state. Then try logging in with the RorLauncher.
I tried to run the RorUpdater.exe as an Administrator, but nothing happens. It shows up as a process in the Task managaer but thats it. When i start the launcher it still wants me to update, same error as before.

System.Net.WebException: Ausnahmefehler während einer WebClient-Anforderung. ---> System.IO.IOException: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "E:\Games\Warhammer Online\RoRUpdater.exe" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
bei System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFileAsync(Uri address, String fileName, Object userToken)
--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Post#9 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:47 pm

keir86200 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:48 pm I did, now both of RoRLauncher and RoRupdater are gone in the folder, so i deleted all, i try to redownload the game, i'll tell you what happens then.
Alright.

If you wanna download the game quicker, I've got a download link for it here:
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... eWiFRm1Otk

On the top of the page, click on download > download as zip. Then you'll need to extract it with WinRar (windows may be able to extract it without WinRar).

Elven
Former Staff

Post#10 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:50 pm

Hellsing96 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:21 pm
I tried to run the RorUpdater.exe as an Administrator, but nothing happens. It shows up as a process in the Task managaer but thats it. When i start the launcher it still wants me to update, same error as before.

System.Net.WebException: Ausnahmefehler während einer WebClient-Anforderung. ---> System.IO.IOException: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "E:\Games\Warhammer Online\RoRUpdater.exe" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
bei System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFileAsync(Uri address, String fileName, Object userToken)
--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---

The error is stating that one process is already running and preventing another from accessing that file.

Try moving the game folder and try again. Or use the download link I provided in the post above for my copy of the game.