Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher Update

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Hellsing96

Re: Launcher Update

Post#11 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:05 pm

Elven wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:50 pm
Hellsing96 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:21 pm
I tried to run the RorUpdater.exe as an Administrator, but nothing happens. It shows up as a process in the Task managaer but thats it. When i start the launcher it still wants me to update, same error as before.

Error Downloading updater:
System.Net.WebException: Ausnahmefehler während einer WebClient-Anforderung. ---> System.IO.IOException: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "E:\Games\Warhammer Online\RoRUpdater.exe" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
bei System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFileAsync(Uri address, String fileName, Object userToken)
--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---

The error is stating that one process is already running and preventing another from accessing that file.

Try moving the game folder and try again. Or use the download link I provided in the post above for my copy of the game.
Moved it around again. Nothing changes. I will try downloading your game.

Ads
Hellsing96

Post#12 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:24 pm

So, i downloaded yours and the launcher wont open at all. Ist shown as a process in the Task mangaer but thats it. And the Updater.exe was detected as a Virus.

Elven
Former Staff

Post#13 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:40 pm

Yeah, it's definitely your anti-virus preventing it from doing anything. You'll have to whitelist the game folder so it won't prevent it from loading.

Hellsing96

Post#14 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:17 pm

So i moved the folder around, started everything as admin, whitelisted it in Firewall and anti-Virus. Same Problem.

Elven
Former Staff

Post#15 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:48 pm

Try temporarily disabling your anti-virus.

Hellsing96

Post#16 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:59 pm

Did that, still doesnt work. Any other ideas? :/

keir86200

Post#17 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:15 pm

So , i did redownload the game with your file , i have no anti-malware running, still the same problem : RoRLauncher dissapears and after the failed update it says :

Error Downloading updater:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Ressources système insuffisantes pour terminer le service demandé
à System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
à System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
à RoRUpdater.MainWindow.gy3MwXQNt3w1CDbjGc(Object )
à RoRUpdater.MainWindow.tYB114Sxk(Object , DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs )

Ley
Former Staff

Post#18 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:29 pm

Not even McAfee/Windows Defender? Check it

Ads
keir86200

Post#19 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:34 pm

Hi Ley ! Both of them are all turned off ... :/

keir86200

Post#20 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:57 pm

Ok problem's done ! I turned off mac afee anti-malware, but not the " Full time Analyzer " , now it seems to work, i won't proclaim victory too soon so i'll tell you if everything's fine, but at least ; the launcher is here :)