Recent Topics

Ads

Client has malware???

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Josewales

Client has malware???

Post#1 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:17 pm

Did a full scan with my Kaspersky firewall last night. Woke up this morning and admin clicked on game and immediately my firewall deleted it without giving an option to ignore due to malware. So I DL'd the game again and followed instructions. Now I can't even change the read me file status even after following advanced instructions given here. And when I went to test out the client for patching, same thing. My firewall immediately deleted the client.

Is this malware a know problem?

Ads
Glorian

Re: Client has malware???

Post#2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:22 pm

Josewales wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:17 pm Did a full scan with my Kaspersky firewall last night. Woke up this morning and admin clicked on game and immediately my firewall deleted it without giving an option to ignore due to malware. So I DL'd the game again and followed instructions. Now I can't even change the read me file status even after following advanced instructions given here. And when I went to test out the client for patching, same thing. My firewall immediately deleted the client.

Is this malware a know problem?
Same asnwer as in the Kaspersky Thread.
Virus Scanner doesnt know Launcher and Updater as an .exe several thousand people use. So it labels them as malware.
The Launcher IS NOT MALWARE.

Remove it from the Quarantane Folder and restore it on previous Folder.
Play the game.

Josewales

Post#3 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:29 pm

Thanks. I changed settings Kapsersky to not automatically take action. Found that option. Hope that works to help allow. I find it odd though that all of a sudden this is a problem with game. Hopefully this resolved 'read me' only issue also.

Glorian

Post#4 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:51 pm

My Antivir put the launcher every two weeks in the quarantine folder. ;)

Josewales

Post#5 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:18 pm

It seems that Kaspersky did a default setting during latest update. Launcher works now after giving permissions on pop up windows. Now I am having issues with the 'read me'. I checked all user controls in advanced settings and it all looks good. But still after hitting apply after unchecking box for Warhammer general folder, still shows checked after I look at security again. Keep in mind that I copied the DLd file into programs and not (x86) before unchecking the box.

Josewales

Post#6 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Update: I reinstalled game after Kaspersky deleted it from my comp and now tried doing a full uninstall with file exe. Now I am patching wih the read box still checked. I am confused. Will see what happens after patching.

Now I am really confused. While patching I looked into the folder and the uninstall exe is no longer there.

Avici

Post#7 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:17 pm

Launcher isn't a malware. Kaspersky, however, is.

Elara023

Post#8 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:36 pm

I have this problem too :(

Ads
DR4296

Post#9 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:54 am

Windows Antivirus just flagged the launcher as containing malware... specifically saying it houses something named Win32/Zpevdo.A

I'm overriding it, but I'm kind of uncomfortable about that, since it's specifically pointing to something.

Laurentz

Post#10 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:24 am

Yep antivirus just triggered while playing and shutdown the game. Triggered by zpevdo