Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher issue - kaspersky

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Ignes

Launcher issue - kaspersky

Post#1 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:00 am

Just to let the devs know, I play ROR since some time but today for the first time Kaspersky insisted on me deleting the RoRLauncher.exe file with the reason UDS:DangerousObject.Multi-Generic.

Ads
Glorian

Re: Launcher issue - kaspersky

Post#2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:02 am

Ignes wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:00 am Just to let the devs know, I play ROR since some time but today for the first time Kaspersky insisted on me deleting the RoRLauncher.exe file with the reason UDS:DangerousObject.Multi-Generic.
Yes. Ignore that and remove the Launcher from your quarantine if it already is in there.

Antivirus also puts regularly the launcher in the quarantine folder.
Then you need to search in the antivirus to release it from there and not to do that again in the future.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#3 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:02 am

Ignes wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:00 am Just to let the devs know, I play ROR since some time but today for the first time Kaspersky insisted on me deleting the RoRLauncher.exe file with the reason UDS:DangerousObject.Multi-Generic.
"Anti-virus/Firewall Settings

It's always a good idea when dealing with unknown compatibility issues to whitelist the folders and applications you're trying to get to work. Your anti-virus and/or malware scanner may be blocking any number of files and processes either WAR or the RoR Launcher need in order to run. Most AV software has the ability to temporarily disable it for testing. If that is blocking the game from working, then look up how to add the WAR folder to the whitelist. If you find a specific piece of software that is blocking RoR, please let us know so we can add it to the list.

Windows Firewall is a bit more standard. You can simply disable to firewall to test whether or not it's having an effect on your ability to connect to the game properly. If it works, then you'll need to either look up how to add exceptions, or leave it disabled."

source : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2889

Josewales

Post#4 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:57 pm

Same problem here. I couldn't even retrieve files Kapsersky deleted it to my bin...and since memory is tight it got auto trashed for good. No I am having an issue trying to get rid of 'read me' after a new DL after checking user controls.

Greatreaper

Post#5 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:06 pm

Same issue here. Tryied to put it on "White list" but doesn´t seem to work. :(

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:31 pm

I disabled kaspersky completely. Works now.

mogt

Post#7 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:16 pm

you can put the ror launcher to the white list in kaspersky. a guildmember had the same problem, but he could solve it with the whitelist

Josewales

Post#8 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Update: I reinstalled game after Kaspersky deleted it from my comp and now tried doing a full uninstall with file exe. Now I am patching wih the read box still checked. I am confused. Will see what happens after patching.

Ads
MaxHayman
Management

Post#9 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:39 pm

Kaspersky should have removed the false positive in one of todays database updates.
Max Hayman