Recent Topics

Ads

New Launcher Issues

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
notre

Re: New Launcher Issues

Post#641 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:24 pm

Hi,
Sioding ask me to put this questions here (if not the right place, please move):

Since this update i have to run several (between 10 and 15) times the launcher, and i've been kicked more frequently from the server (the "random" dc to char selection are more often).
(sometimes takes longer, sometimes takes less trys to get the connect button active)

-Can I ask a few questions?

- Why I have to run a game with admin rights? (you already have R/W rights on the folder and files)
-What changed, so now you need to run with admin rights on something what works fine before in user-level/mode? ( i have 0 issues with the old launcher)

-Maybe the "admin rights" is "messing" somehow with the firewalls rules too? (i don't mean directly modifyg the rules, but i know another game it has the same problem, it uses the proces System to make the connections and the firewall is set for the launcher proces and that trigger the timeouts on the launcher, or something like that)

-We are going to be able to run the game without admin rights again or they are here to stay? (in general working with admin rights, you know, is not a good idea)

Thanks.
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#642 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:14 pm

notre wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:24 pm Hi,
Sioding ask me to put this questions here (if not the right place, please move):

Since this update i have to run several (between 10 and 15) times the launcher, and i've been kicked more frequently from the server (the "random" dc to char selection are more often).
(sometimes takes longer, sometimes takes less trys to get the connect button active)

-Can I ask a few questions?

- Why I have to run a game with admin rights? (you already have R/W rights on the folder and files)
-What changed, so now you need to run with admin rights on something what works fine before in user-level/mode? ( i have 0 issues with the old launcher)

-Maybe the "admin rights" is "messing" somehow with the firewalls rules too? (i don't mean directly modifyg the rules, but i know another game it has the same problem, it uses the proces System to make the connections and the firewall is set for the launcher proces and that trigger the timeouts on the launcher, or something like that)

-We are going to be able to run the game without admin rights again or they are here to stay? (in general working with admin rights, you know, is not a good idea)

Thanks.
Running as admin isn't a design decision, it's just something that we've noticed helps some people that have more restrictive setups on their PC's. Since it doesn't really hurt anything it's a troubleshooting step that's encouraged if you're having issues. There is no real tech support on the team, we just try and hold all of this together and build stuff week by week. If you can figure out a better process or understand what is causing crashes, feel free to contribute.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

notre

Post#643 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:30 pm

Buenas,
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:14 pm Running as admin isn't a design decision, it's just something that we've noticed helps some people that have more restrictive setups on their PC's. Since it doesn't really hurt anything it's a troubleshooting step that's encouraged if you're having issues. There is no real tech support on the team, we just try and hold all of this together and build stuff week by week. If you can figure out a better process or understand what is causing crashes, feel free to contribute.
I have my suspicions because i have the same issue with another game. But without the code and the "diffs" it's almost imposible to know what's happening, and i assume you already know that.

If you put the launcher code on github we can try to look the code (the only code i see/have is from 2014 and btw works fine).

I can undestarnd why you close some source code, and i really do, but there are some pieces of the project where we can still be usefull if you open some sources, you can have more help and less job to do and i can check wtf is going on the launcher as an example.

Since the launcher has little to do with the server code or the db (and btw, there are a lot of launchers out there for others servers, so isn't the panacea having one), it's not necessary to have a launcher with closed code, and more people can feel free to help you.
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

leronix

Post#644 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:16 pm

I am also having this issue, please help D:

Error: System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt32()
at WarZoneLib.MYP.MFTHeader.P5AIv6mEaSEMXqRmGy9(Object )
at WarZoneLib.MYP.MFTHeader.Load(BinaryReader reader)
at WarZoneLib.MYP.awtlN5RYRK0q632KX0(Object , Object )
at WarZoneLib.MYP..ctor(String fileName, FileAccess access)
at WarZoneLib.MYPManager.Get(MythicPackage archive)
at RoRLauncher.Client.HknXgX8I1CQ3FVY7npS(MythicPackage archive)
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.IkaEZ48iD826NFTu0BH(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.OnReceive(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.rSN1Kf8QdDryQ7nW8sU(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm(Object )

Ayloss

Post#645 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:46 pm

Hi, I run the Launcher (admin or not) windows asks for permission to run the file, I say yes and nothing happens, no launcher, log in, or anything. Any ideas?

jjjta1994

Post#646 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:55 pm

Not completely sure what is going on, for some reason when I log in or fly to a new zone all the mobs on the game and everything dissappears. I can run around with my character but it will not let me do anything else, like using abilities or even logging out using the "Exit Game" tab. I have to force close it and log back in. Normally takes me multiple tries and relogging to get it to load again. I have tried doing /reloadui multiple times but it does not help. Any ideas or tips on what to check or what to do. Thanks in advance.

Laurentz

Post#647 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:02 pm

jjjta1994, how good is your internet connection? Usually when I log in or fly to a zone there is about 5-10 seconds of me being able to move around, but all the npcs and players are missing. After another 5-10 seconds they all start to render.

Gavras

Post#648 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:55 pm

Hi everyone, I just finished downloading and installing the client through the launcher and when I try to log in i have the error "Could not download file from sever. (WAR-64.exe )" Anyone who can help me please.

Ads
MaxHayman
Management

Post#649 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:49 pm

Gavras wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:55 pm Hi everyone, I just finished downloading and installing the client through the launcher and when I try to log in i have the error "Could not download file from sever. (WAR-64.exe )" Anyone who can help me please.
Try now
Max Hayman

Resteloin

Post#650 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:42 pm

I have been off RoR for 2-3 months and decided to get on it a little bit a few days ago. Unfortunately, the launcher seems to be unable to fully update my game files. For the past 24 hours, I have tried multiple times to update the game with the launcher. Everything runs smoothly at the beginning, but after a while, it gets stuck at "Downloading (3/416)..." at 6%. When I say stuck, it is litteraly stuck (it stayed at 6% for 8 hours last night).

I am running the launcher in admin mode, I have tried multiple times to kill and restart the launcher, as well as rebooting the PC.

I am getting at my wit's end... help...