Recent Topics

Ads

New Launcher Issues

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
MaxHayman
Management

New Launcher Issues

Post#1 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:41 am

Hello,

This thread is for players which the new launcher has been rolled out to. You should see a message in the news window on the launcher if you are in the current testing pool. If you have any issues please post them here.

Thanks,
Max
Max Hayman

Ads
MaxHayman
Management

Re: New Launcher Issues

Post#2 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:47 am

Reserved
Max Hayman

Rhodry

Post#3 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:24 am

I'm not entirely sure if it is related to the new launcher though the issues only began once I finished downloading everything through the launcher. The social window does not show my friends list any longer (even if I add someone new it is not showing), guild or person searches don't show up in the social window but do in the chat window, prismatic shield icon on my hotbar is bugged (ability still works though), and I cannot open my bag or ability page in game either with a hotkey or by clicking on the icon.

Dackle

Post#4 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:47 am

First run it did not work. No characters in the select screen, only the weapons showing. I restarted and it is downloading the files again. We'll see what happens on the second run.

Tturpa

Post#5 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:17 am

Logged in my alt bright wizard just now. Could not open backpack or "spellbook" ingame, so i tried to restart the game thinking it bugged out. Now im waiting for the patcher to download all the same stuff again.

Edit: Works just fine now after the game reboot, shame the downloading takes some time tho even with fast interwebz

Shoo

Post#6 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:01 am

Started this morning with the "new launcher" and after the "data verifying" steps 8/8 it always ends up with :

Code: Select all

AN ERROR OCCURED
Disconnected from server.
I tried the whole process 4 times with the same issue.

Shoo

Post#7 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:46 am

What i've tried so far:
  • Swicthed War.exe with the -60 one
  • Removed interface & user/settings
  • Slit troated a chicken praying for the raven god
  • Moved the RoRLauncher to my old live 1.4.8 client
  • Downloded a whole fresh RoR client

All these didn't solved my issue, i still got the same Disconnected from server. error.

MaxHayman
Management

Post#8 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:48 am

Rhodry wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:24 am I'm not entirely sure if it is related to the new launcher though the issues only began once I finished downloading everything through the launcher. The social window does not show my friends list any longer (even if I add someone new it is not showing), guild or person searches don't show up in the social window but do in the chat window, prismatic shield icon on my hotbar is bugged (ability still works though), and I cannot open my bag or ability page in game either with a hotkey or by clicking on the icon.
Hi Rhodry,

Did you try restarting the launcher after starting the game?

So once it does it first round the game has some problems with the files, so flags them to be downloaded by the launcher. When you restart the launcher it should then download the broken files, etc. In fact, i'm pretty sure this will happen for everyone so I have added a note to the launcher.

If people are wondering why they have to download so many files first time. It seemed that from using the old launcher at the very start some of the myps were damaged, I don't know how. Which seems to be reflected in the subsequent versions which have been redistributed.

Thanks,
Max
Max Hayman

Ads
MaxHayman
Management

Post#9 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:49 am

Shoo wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:46 am What i've tried so far:
  • Swicthed War.exe with the -60 one
  • Removed interface & user/settings
  • Slit troated a chicken praying for the raven god
  • Moved the RoRLauncher to my old live 1.4.8 client
  • Downloded a whole fresh RoR client

All these didn't solved my issue, i still got the same Disconnected from server. error.
Hi Shoo,

Odd! Do you have discord and in the RoR channel/server? Give me a PM there and I can take a look at it. (MaxHayman
#8344)

Thanks,
Max
Max Hayman

MaxHayman
Management

Post#10 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:51 am

Dackle wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:47 am First run it did not work. No characters in the select screen, only the weapons showing. I restarted and it is downloading the files again. We'll see what happens on the second run.
Tturpa wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:17 am Logged in my alt bright wizard just now. Could not open backpack or "spellbook" ingame, so i tried to restart the game thinking it bugged out. Now im waiting for the patcher to download all the same stuff again.

Edit: Works just fine now after the game reboot, shame the downloading takes some time tho even with fast interwebz
Restarting the launcher after loading the game once should be the fix. If it continues please let me know.
Max Hayman