Recent Topics

Ads

New Launcher Issues

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
MaxHayman
Management

Re: New Launcher Issues

Post#131 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:51 am

Dammy095 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:36 am just a quetion, what is the point of new launcher ? does it brings anything new other than news/update info ? maybe some improvements?
i mean "old" launcher was there to launch a game and did it fine
not grumbling/criticizing, just curious

Hi Dammy095,

Good question. The 'news' has been supported for years now. It's just not turned on, at the moment the message only appears to people with the new patcher to let them know something has changed and to check the forums.

There are many many changes. First of all there is the config menu on the top right. Allowing players to select the 32bit version or the version enhanced for x64 machines. Also there is a language drop down, which will come more into play when we start delivering quest content etc in other languages.

Additionally, 2 Factor Authentication is supported in this build. Which although not currently implemented throughout the website etc, will allow us to offer extra security to players, etc.

Finally, if you play the game with the new launcher you may notice the RoR logo on the character selection screen, although only a small change for now. The launcher now has the ability to check client files, update clients from older builds of the game (so in theory you can install WAR from discs and then update to 1.4.8).

This will all be put out in a patch note once it goes live to all players.

Thanks,
Max
Max Hayman

Ads
rogg

Post#132 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:59 am

MaxHayman wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:41 am Hello,

This thread is for players which the new launcher has been rolled out to. You should see a message in the news window on the launcher if you are in the current testing pool. If you have any issues please post them here.

Thanks,
Max
Yo, I had used an small Transitional chinese-input patchs since live. The patches had modified the Interface.myp (210MB), just covered the original client same name file then work. But after I finished the launcher update, I can't use my input patch. Everytime when I paste the file to client and log, the launcher update the interface.myp back to normal. Does any way I can use this input patch again? It's an really easy solution for peeps input chinese on english GUI, it can display and write on chat. I knew there are much Chinese players at this server. If not use the patch, the only way can displays chinese was change to chinese gui by typed in /L 8 at chat. Then whole gui changed to chinese. But I don't like the chinese fonts after changed by /L 8. The way for display the chinese on english gui, is changed the chat font to Myriad Pro 0 Large. Please need some help! Thanks a lot!

MaxHayman
Management

Post#133 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:03 am

rogg wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:59 am
MaxHayman wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:41 am Hello,

This thread is for players which the new launcher has been rolled out to. You should see a message in the news window on the launcher if you are in the current testing pool. If you have any issues please post them here.

Thanks,
Max
Yo, I had used an small Transitional chinese-input patchs since live. The patches had modified the Interface.myp (210MB), just covered the original client same name file then work. But after I finished the launcher update, I can't use my input patch. Everytime when I paste the file to client and log, the launcher update the interface.myp back to normal. Does any way I can use this input patch again? It's an really easy solution for peeps input chinese on english GUI, it can display and write on chat. I knew there are much Chinese players at this server. If not use the patch, the only way can displays chinese was change to chinese gui by typed in /L 8 at chat. Then whole gui changed to chinese. But I don't like the chinese fonts after changed by /L 8. The way for display the chinese on english gui, is changed the chat font to Myriad Pro 0 Large. Please need some help! Thanks a lot!
Hi Rogg,

Would you be able to send me your modified interface.myp or a list of what was changed?

Thanks,
Max
Max Hayman

Teckillah

Post#134 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:33 am

- First Launch no problem, just 3 addon disable, shinie, Queuer, Anyweretrainer / i have all my list of friend, i can click on then on social thing ( name disapear ) , but i can't see their name
- Second launch bug, with message + black screen, but i have the sound cinematic
- Third time same as Second
- I relaunch, the luncher, 4th time all good, name of friend back, addon work, like before the launcher test.
Last edited by Teckillah on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Telperien

Post#135 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:34 am

I`m happy to test new Launcher but I got one concern. What if I`m a user of "edited" binkw32.dll provided by Sildurs Enhanced Graphics mode? I understand Launcher redownload all missing/different versions of WAR files and replace the old ones. Does it mean said mod is no longer supported?

On topic:
After 1st redownload few addons ingame didnt work - QueueQ, Shinies, Zmailmod, Aura... but after relaunching all above issues are gone. Great work.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

notre

Post#136 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:37 am

Hi,
Tested the new launcher, the only issue i see,
the user/pass losses during the update.

If you can verify the files, maybe is a good idea to put an option on the setings to force the verifying proces, can be is usefull for player who have crashes with the game.

Here my steps if you wanna know:

I Run old launcher, press update:
The new launcher Settings: 32bit, No, English
1- Doesn't remember the username & pass used before.
2- The verifying process takes ... a few minutes.
3- Downloading 3453 files ... a few more minutes
4- Connect button active, but invalid user/pass (it's blank see 1)
5- Closed the launcher and run again
6- Again Connect button active, and user/pass blank (invalid if I press)
7- I put the user/pass (check the remember) and connect.
8- Lobby seems all OK.
9- Quit the game, close the launcher.
10- Run the launcher (this time user/pass are filled)
11- Downloading manifest again.
12- Verifying data again.
13- Downloading 532 files
14- Connect, and the lobby seems ok
15- Close the game & the launcher.
16- Run and close the launcher several times (5), all seems OK.
17- Entered the game, all seems OK
Done
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

Kelain

Post#137 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:38 am

New launcher worked okay on my 2nd attempt, had a few black screens, few error messages but eventually worked fine :)

Just tried to logon again, does it have to go through the lengthy verifying files process every time you start the launcher?

On my last try to log in, the launcher has begun to download 3453 files?!?! And it is taking a looooooooooooonnnnggggg time :(

Currently downloading file number 423 :( What is it downloading?! I was playing the game fine a few hours ago?! This is gonna take hours to download :(

Mykomark

Post#138 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:40 am

My antivirus sure does`t like this new launcher update, every time I try to launch the game- launcher goes to quarantine and after restoring him from quarantine I`ve to redownload all.

Ads
Gugly

Post#139 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:52 am

Just ran the new launcher on both myself's and wifes PC. I am running both on 64 Bit. I ran the launcher, logging into to character selection after the first update. Exited the game and restarted the launcher. After the second update everything is running fine. I even logged out a couple of times and restrted the launcher to make sure it didn't keep running updates.

We both use "Vinyl UI" and SoR and everything seems to be all good. Good work!

drmordread
Suspended

Post#140 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:15 pm

MAX you are a GOD

1- OK, restarted my launcher, it downloaded more files and when done the grey connect button worked.

2- Logged into game, saw my character screen, picked my main and hit play...
Sadness ensued. It would not work. Was stuck on Tome Load in window. It kicked me back to Character screen again. I tried a second time ... game crashed. And I had to use TAsk Manager to shut down WAR.

3- Shut down launcher, restarted launcher, it did more updates. Connect button lit up...
tl/dr .... I loaded in, and this time it all worked. Thank you!!!!

Future reference; I have forgotten if I chose or not to do testing, but feel free to use me as test bait any time you want.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)