Recent Topics

Ads

Win 10 1803 "April Update" - Black, No Graphics, Only buttons

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
ktomais

Re: Win 10 1803 "April Update" - Black, No Graphics, Only buttons

Post#31 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:53 pm

Rodek wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:23 pm If you have system restore enabled on your computer you could try that. You won't lose files/folders but any programs installed after that date will be removed.

I've already formatted my PC twice.

Ads
Rodek

Post#32 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:53 pm

If you've formatted your pc then you no longer have the 1803 update. As such do not install the 1803 update and your issue should be resolved. Otherwise this thread title is wrong and in fact it's not a windows update issue.

nibbles

Post#33 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:40 am

windows will force the update, so issue could re-appear.
are you still torrent the warhammer folder & files?

ktomais

Post#34 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:41 am

Rodek wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:53 pm If you've formatted your pc then you no longer have the 1803 update. As such do not install the 1803 update and your issue should be resolved. Otherwise this thread title is wrong and in fact it's not a windows update issue.

I have installed, as stated, both 1709 and 1803. Currently on 1803. On 1709 the problems persisted, whereas previously (before the forced update) there were none.

Leading me to believe that the 1803 MS update has done something weird to the system, hence the title. Issues started only with the 1803 update and persisted. Mind you, issues with RoR only and no other game.

If you have any other ideas, asides from the ones already posted please do say.

nibbles wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:40 am windows will force the update, so issue could re-appear.
are you still torrent the warhammer folder & files?

If you mean if I'm still seeding the torrent to others, then no. I've moved it to my Program Files (x86) and have tested it in other locations as well. The game was downloaded from the torrent.
Last edited by ktomais on Fri May 25, 2018 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

nibbles

Post#35 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:41 am

open a cmd prompt and run chkdsk #: where # is the drive warhammer is residing on, also do same with #: where windows is on if different

nibbles

Post#36 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:43 am

move the warhammer folder out from under windows folders (documents/downloads etc.)

take it out from (x86) folder. make a dir on the root of your drive c:/warhammer/war.exe and run it from there
Last edited by nibbles on Fri May 25, 2018 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

ktomais

Post#37 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:45 am

nibbles wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:41 am open a cmd prompt and run chkdsk #: where # is the drive warhammer is residing on, also do same with #: where windows is on if different

Done. No issues at all found. I'm going to try and check Windows for corruptions with sfc/scannow

Update: No integrity violations found. And I've moved WAR to C. Had already done so in the past, but like now it didn't work.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#38 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:28 am

Thats like the weirdest error i think we ever had. A blackscreen doesnt sound like it has something to do with the connection/firewall. Is there a chance youre using 2 graphics cards, or a dedicated card and an onboard chip?
Edit: i just re read your initial post again. And this problem sounds like one i have already seen. Blackscreen with only buttons and crashing when loading the map. Usually means the file "world.myp" is corrupt or cant be read correctly. I dunno how to help you though since a redownload of the game fixes this. Would you be so kind and post a screenshot of your game folder that also shows data sizes? Please do this with a fresh copy of the game (before you run the ror launcher for the first time).

Ads
nibbles

Post#39 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:44 am

if you can get into them look in settings - video - custom -> lower the gpu cache down to default maybe something to look at

ktomais

Post#40 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:02 am

saupreusse wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:28 am Thats like the weirdest error i think we ever had. A blackscreen doesnt sound like it has something to do with the connection/firewall. Is there a chance youre using 2 graphics cards, or a dedicated card and an onboard chip?
Edit: i just re read your initial post again. And this problem sounds like one i have already seen. Blackscreen with only buttons and crashing when loading the map. Usually means the file "world.myp" is corrupt or cant be read correctly. I dunno how to help you though since a redownload of the game fixes this. Would you be so kind and post a screenshot of your game folder that also shows data sizes? Please do this with a fresh copy of the game (before you run the ror launcher for the first time).

No problem saupreusse, here's the link https://ibb.co/hmt2i8. And no, I'm not using 2 GPU's. Just one MSI GTX1070 Gaming Z with Micron memory. NVIDIA drivers are the latest available, namely 397.93. My Intel 6700K has an integrated GPU but I've never installed drivers for it, and I've verified that the active GPU is indeed the NVIDIA one.

The screenshot here is after running the launcher, I'm redownloading now and will post an extra link

Edit: here is a fresh download of the game, nothing yet opened. https://ibb.co/kHOwAo

nibbles wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:44 am if you can get into them look in settings - video - custom -> lower the gpu cache down to default maybe something to look at

I did check that. GPU cache is indeed default. I've also tried without shader optimizations.

Here https://ibb.co/h1pNGT you can also see how windows overlap and appear transparent, black screen on the back.