Recent Topics

Ads

Anyone got it working on Mac?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
huggmuth0305

Anyone got it working on Mac?

Post#1 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:00 pm

As the title asks, did anyone get the client to work on Mac using wine? There is a lot of linux posts and guides, but couldn't find anything about getting it to run on Mac.

Ads
Tinkz

Re: Anyone got it working on Mac?

Post#2 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:13 pm

I'm playing it via Bootcamp and been told by devs that they are working on the Mac Version. That's been a year ago? I don't think it is of very high priority.

Tamarlan

Post#3 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:25 pm

Also using Bootcamp.
Halvar RP
Halver SL
Halversen IB
Halva ENG

kmark101

Post#4 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:39 pm

I'm using Bootcamp as well, it's pretty easy to set it up.
Tried on Parallax and Wine previously, none of them worked (black screen after launch + various other problems nonstop). It works flawlessly with Bootcamp, the only downside is you have to reboot your Macbook every time you want to play RoR :)
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

huggmuth0305

Post#5 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:21 pm

kmark101 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:39 pm I'm using Bootcamp as well, it's pretty easy to set it up.
Tried on Parallax and Wine previously, none of them worked (black screen after launch + various other problems nonstop). It works flawlessly with Bootcamp, the only downside is you have to reboot your Macbook every time you want to play RoR :)
+ you need to have Windows installed which takes up a lot of space. If anyone ever gets it to work with Wine please let me know.

Technogypsy

Post#6 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:20 pm

SO anyone have a link to bootcamp?

buckmaster

Post#7 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:40 pm

I am playing (mostly) successfully on a Windows 10 VM hosted by Parallels Pro v14 on my (very) beefy Macbook Pro. The performance is not very good, sadly, and I have crashed on a couple scenario loads (haven't recorded which ones). But it is playable (on fastest framerate) and I'm happy to be able to play when travelling from a hotel room.