Recent Topics

Ads

Brand New Player - Login timed out

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
army2700

Brand New Player - Login timed out

Post#1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:09 am

Hi i just signed up a couple hrs ago and cannot logon- followed the guide already - folder permissions and all - first screen from RoRl Launcher works - connects - the get Warhammer screeen and it Says: Relm Of Destruction Looking for more Recruits

When i say ok the box to the Right Errors the below:

Entering the fray...
Connecting to server...
HandShaking...
Login timed out...

Even though i signed in with the launcher ok
Port is open on Firewall, folder permissions are not read only, req directx installed, deleted user/appdata/local/game/<profile folder>, rebooted a few times. I am stumped. I would love to be a new player but not looking too good. Any advice? Thanks

Ads
Draugris

Re: Brand New Player - Login timed out

Post#2 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:03 am

Did you try that at different times ? This is an alpha and sometimes the server gets restarted, just want to make sure that you did not try it then. It´s difficult to diagnose since you can reach the login but it seems not the game service. What would try is to disable temporarily any possible interfering component. Firewalls, AV scanners, anything that could possible hook into the network connection and try again. If that does not help you may need to check with tools like wireshark to diognose connection issues
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Stophy22

Post#3 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:13 am

I've had friends download ROR and I've had to work around the intiatial download and getting everything to work, not being at a computer myself I can only offer suggestions; hope they help.

-you said you followed guide to download to the teeth, maybe not on those exact words, but try running as admin? (Didn't see you mention that, and can be a good first trouble shoot location)
-redownload ( this seems to work in my experiences) it might takes a while and be tedious but this is always a great option.
-when you download ROR make a backup of it (with nothing altered) and then mess with the version that is not your backup. When I say mess with I mean delete files and replace them, if this is available you might just be better of re downloading the game.
-viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2889 this topic might help, aza says that your issue (login timeout) seems to happen from the servers side so maybe you're all fine and dandy in the game now but if you aren't hope this all helps

GL hope to see you out on the field
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Warlen

Post#4 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:55 am

Try going to the Warhammer Online folder, User sub folder, and delete UserSettings and UserSettings.xml.legacy1. I've had to do this for a month now every time I log in. The unfortunate side effect is you lose all keybinds and any UI settings that you've copied from another character.

army2700

Post#5 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Stophy22 wrote:I've had friends download ROR and I've had to work around the intiatial download and getting everything to work, not being at a computer myself I can only offer suggestions; hope they help.

-you said you followed guide to download to the teeth, maybe not on those exact words, but try running as admin? (Didn't see you mention that, and can be a good first trouble shoot location)
-redownload ( this seems to work in my experiences) it might takes a while and be tedious but this is always a great option.
-when you download ROR make a backup of it (with nothing altered) and then mess with the version that is not your backup. When I say mess with I mean delete files and replace them, if this is available you might just be better of re downloading the game.
-viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2889 this topic might help, aza says that your issue (login timeout) seems to happen from the servers side so maybe you're all fine and dandy in the game now but if you aren't hope this all helps

GL hope to see you out on the field

thanks all it was on my side

netsh advfirewall firewall add allowedprogram command fixed it

Stophy22

Post#6 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:45 pm

Congrats:) cya out there
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

alecr97

Post#7 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:04 pm

okay so im having this exact problem and don't know how to do the netshell command its confusing, I open the launcher, login in no prob, get to the handshaking screen then it just times out over and over again. but every once in a while it lets me in and says login complete but its like a chance of 1/10000. please help I want to play so bad.

TheLastRonin

Post#8 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:24 pm

Have the same prob...

Ads
TheLastRonin

Post#9 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:45 pm

Asking for tech support here pls

Lilim
Community Management