Recent Topics

Ads

Can't log in with one character

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Kelain

Can't log in with one character

Post#1 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:36 am

Had this issue for a while, but today I can't log in at all!

With my main Kelain, I click play from character screen, it starts to load, then boots me back to character screen, it did load once but my whole inventory was empty! Logged off, can;t log back in! Any help much appreciated! It only happens with this one character, can log in fine no probs with all other characters.

Ads
Collateral

Re: Can't log in with one character

Post#2 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Seems like a guild bug. If you are in a guild, tell someone to kick you, you should be fine then. Unfortunately you won't be able to go back in the guild since the bug will return. We found that this occurs when the guild is in an alliance. So if you want the bug to disappear, your guild should leave the alliance.

Kelain

Post#3 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Many thanks, it was indeed the guild bug, tried many things to fix it - had to leave guild and stay out, so that i could log in.....

Kelain

Post#4 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:40 pm

I rejoined the guild and the same issues keep happening.....

I can't log in, sometimes takes 30 or 40 tries to log in on the one main character Kelain, all other characters fine no prob!

When it does login.....my inventory is completely empty, apart from currency/crating bags. To get the items back /reload and boom they are all back (altho still greyed out on hotbar - mount for example)

If I try to change zones, crashes back to character screen.....seems to be worse when changing to a dwarf/greenskin zone

I can't join sc's.....I click join, loading screen for the sc appears....crashes back to loading screen

All of these issues are on one character, all others log in/change zones/join scs no problem!
All of these issues disappear if I leave guild....it logs in 1st time, I can change zones and play sc's.

I have tried all of the suggestions from people to cure this problem, reducing quests (I have 4 active quests now) reducing the number of people in guild to <200, tried to /reload or /stuck twice on loading screen, tried emptying my inventory to a bare minimum and my bank vault to a bare minimum....nothing else works apart from leaving my guild.....

Any Devs/players/GM's out there that can help?

Kelain

Post#5 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:41 pm

PS Our guild is now not in an alliance either! Still same problem!

Kelain

Post#6 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:39 pm

More guild members also struggling with this `guild bug` login issue.

I spoke to a GM yesterday about it, he said it was a known bug and that GM's don't deal with bugs.....any Devs out there know anything about fixing this `guild bug`?

raphah

Post#7 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:09 pm

Also having this issue

Gracely

Post#8 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:11 pm

Me too. Could not log back in at all. To me this has only started happening over the last couple of weeks.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:23 pm

New guild?
Did you make it around the time the server was restarted (or crashed)?

Chances are, your guild is busted. Here's some options.

1. Abandon the guild, make another one. (Leave a R1 char in charge, delete character afterward).
2. Manually kick all players from the guild. Have them re-join. Sometimes this helps.

We typically don't assist in player-specific issues. If there's a root cause to fix, that's a thing some devs will do. Devs are not CSR's. GM's are also not CSR's. We exist to hammer troublemakers. In fact, RoR doesn't have any CSR's, so don't expect much in the way of character-specific individualized service, unless you give us a really good lead on how to get this stuff fixed.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Kelain

Post#10 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Thanks for the reply Wargrimnir :) I seem to have had the issue the longest, but lots of guildies are now having the same issue. It is not a new guild, been around for a while now almost guild lvl 40 :) It does seem that issue started spreading to other players a few weeks ago, where as I have had it for months now. As stated above, I've tried lots of things to fix it/work around it with no avail.

The only thing that has been suggested but not tried yet is reducing member numbers to less than 60.

What I have tried is;
Reducing guild members to <200
Emptying bank and inventory
Guild is no longer in an alliance
Removing excess active quests (I removed all!)
Removing Alt characters from guild
Leaving/rejoining guild

The main symptoms of this bug/issue are;
Not being able to log in - my worst was 57 tries to login
Crashing to character screen on zone change (flying to another zone/mao)
Crashing to server screen after joining a scenario
Occasionally when you do log in, your main inventory is empty! - /reload brings it all back
When my alt was still in guild, the inventory's became mixed between characters - where an empty inventory slot should be, I could see what the other character had in his inventory in that slot. I couldn't use/interact with that item though.

This bug/issue only affects one character, that character is in the guild. If I leave/kicked from guild the issue disappears immediately. I can login fine/change zones/SC no problem.

Many thanks for all the hard work getting this awesome game back again, I sincerely hope that the problem is fixable!