Recent Topics

Ads

One character has to login multiple times b4 it works

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Shutyergob

One character has to login multiple times b4 it works

Post#1 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:54 am

Hello, I have one character that has to login multiple times before it will actually make it into the game. And once he is in the game, if he flies to another area then he'll get kicked out to the login screen again. Or, often when he queues up he'll not make it into the scen but also get kicked out to the login screen. My other characters are able to login just fine.

The toon having this issue is Kemmler.

I asked a GM about this and they suggested I remove any 'Quest Items' from my bag and abandon all my quests. I did have a quest item and I got rid of it, and I did abandon all of my quests, and I then did a reload of the ui using /rel and I also did /stuck twice, taking me to Norsca. And I thought this issue was resolved. Indeed it seemed to be resolved. So I have quests now again. And I have nothing in my 'Quest Items' part of my bag. And I now have this problem again. So, does this character have to NEVER have any quests? That's not too good of course, as he needs quests to make money and get other things.

Any assistance you're able to provide is greatly appreciated. I love this game and love what you guys and gals have been able to do with this game. I love RoR!!

Thanks,

Dave

Ads
Rydiak

Re: One character has to login multiple times b4 it works

Post#2 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:46 am

Just posting to say my Warrior Priest is having the same issue as you described. I'll let you know if I figure out any solution on my end.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

szejoza

Post#3 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:22 am

Try clearing cache, also check your addons if there are no critical errors connected with them (had similair situation and clearing cache folder fixed it for me)
Spoiler:

Hargrim
Developer

Post#4 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:55 am

It is most likely caused by too much active quests and too much items in your normal, crafting and quest backpacks. Clear them.

Glorian

Post#5 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:35 am

Sounds a little bit like the guild bug. Try to leave guild and check if it still happens. If guild leave solved your problem, join again the guild.

Then tell guild leader to leave alliance with his guild and join alliance again.

Shutyergob

Post#6 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:32 pm

Rydiak wrote:Just posting to say my Warrior Priest is having the same issue as you described. I'll let you know if I figure out any solution on my end.
Okay, thank you!

Shutyergob

Post#7 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:34 pm

szejoza wrote:Try clearing cache, also check your addons if there are no critical errors connected with them (had similair situation and clearing cache folder fixed it for me)
Okay great, I will try this and see if it helps. Thanks!

Shutyergob

Post#8 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Hargrim wrote:It is most likely caused by too much active quests and too much items in your normal, crafting and quest backpacks. Clear them.
Well I did already clear all my quests and it did seem to help. I don't have that many quests but I do have some. I will clear my backpack and put everything in the bank, and see if that helps. But I do need to have some quests, again to make money and earn other items. So not having any quests ever isn't terribly good. I want Kemmler to be able to have quests like my other toons. And I have already cleared my quest backpack of items. I'll clear my normal and crafting packpack too and see if that helps. Thanks!

Ads
Shutyergob

Post#9 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:38 pm

Glorian wrote:Sounds a little bit like the guild bug. Try to leave guild and check if it still happens. If guild leave solved your problem, join again the guild.

Then tell guild leader to leave alliance with his guild and join alliance again.
Okay great. I will try this and we'll see if it helps. Thanks!

Rydiak

Post#10 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:59 pm

Shutyergob wrote:
Rydiak wrote:Just posting to say my Warrior Priest is having the same issue as you described. I'll let you know if I figure out any solution on my end.
Okay, thank you!
Abandoning the vast majority of my quests seemed to solve the problem for now.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!