Recent Topics

Ads

RoR not showing in Volume mixer

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Aehnur

RoR not showing in Volume mixer

Post#1 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:31 pm

Okay so my issue is that i have sound when i play but the game won't show up in the windows volume mixer.
It's not really a problem by itself, but when i plug my headphones, everything (discord, music, windows sounds, etc) switch from speakers (plugged on soundcard) to them (they are plugged in front of my computer, so directly to MoBo) except RoR which is my issue.

I've checked all the sound outputs but none show the game so i don't know what to do.

(soundcard is a ASUS Xonar)

Does anyone have a solution to this ?

ps. sorry for potato english

pps. realized i posted it previously in wrong section of forum, hence reposting it here.

Ads
kyrontor

Re: RoR not showing in Volume mixer

Post#2 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:38 pm

Which version of Windows you have?
Have you installed any drivers for Asus Xonar?

On my Windows 10 it goes like that:
I open the Volume Mixer and on the Device column, there is an output drop down menu where you select your audio out.
Selecting a different audio out, will give me different programs on the right, to control their volume, depending, i guess, on the audio out each one of them uses.

Another thing you can do is from inside the game to go Settings -> Sound -> Master Volume. This is pretty much the same thing as lowering from the windows mixer.

Thanks