Recent Topics

Ads

Recomended CPU for most lagless gameplay

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Telperien

Recomended CPU for most lagless gameplay

Post#1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi, I`d like to ask your opinions about CPU, which should be enough to fully expierience RvR, looking for one providing least lag and fps droprate. I hope ppl with mid-high CPU can share their ideas and help me to decide.
My mobo got intel socket 1151(but I can swap to different platform), monitor 2560x1440 @60hz and gtx 1070.
Atm I`m using temporary g4400 and I must say scenarios and solo play in RvR lake are ok, but moment I join bigger fights slideshow begins:)
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Ads
Toshutkidup

Re: Recomended CPU for most lagless gameplay

Post#2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:06 pm

From my experience and setup RoR is more CPU dependent over GPU. My card Idles when I play, which is one reason I use Shadowplay to record. Anyway I use a 7700K ( also 1151 socket) and also a GTX 1070 , 16GB ram. During normal play I'm always over at or around 100fps, but during large keep sieges can drop to single digits for me. I also play max settings graphics and also play 1440P 60hz. When monitoring my cores during play, the game doesn't seem to utilize all the cores, so I believe its IPC based ( GHZ wins ) and I run my 7700K OC'd to 4.8Ghz. Also run game on a NVME m.2 drive to help ( not sure if it does )
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Hargrim
Developer

Post#3 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:08 pm

Set effects to play only on you. This is mostly engine issue, not cpu issue.

Dalgrimar

Post#4 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:30 pm

Yep lag is 90% game related.
I have insane fps drops aswell on keep fights where it drops to 10-15fps regulary on a i7 6700 and GTX 1060.
If you are deciding on a new CPU annyway i would advice the Ryzen 5 1600 non X.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Telperien

Post#5 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:40 pm

Hargrim wrote:Set effects to play only on you. This is mostly engine issue, not cpu issue.
Are you saying there hasnt been made CPU yet after 9 years to handle RoR? :)

Was thinking about Ryzen cause of quite long lasting socket, but I got bad expierience with AMD.Yet again, I dont play much beside RoR so... Also I read that for gaming Intels are still better. My Mobo is z170 so Kaby Lake would be my last CPU for next 1-2 years.
Last edited by Telperien on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Glorian

Post#6 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:42 pm

IT truth:

Bad code can never get faster in the same speed as better hardware gets faster.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#7 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:55 pm

Telperien wrote:
Hargrim wrote:Set effects to play only on you. This is mostly engine issue, not cpu issue.
Are you saying there hasnt been made CPU yet after 9 years to handle RoR? :)
I say you can throw as much CPU as you want, but check what clocks were available 9 years ago and what we got now - sure, there is more cores and it uses less power and whatever.

But badly optimized 32 bit code will be badly optimized 32 bit code (hello 2+ cores... and bye!)

Jaycub

Post#8 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:06 pm

You can build a supercomputer and this game will still run bad at times, like hagrim says above the game wont even take advantage of things like 2+ core or probably anymore than 2 or 4 gigs or RAM. Textures are so low res that increased VRAM wont matter etc...
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Wdova

Post#9 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:14 pm

Framerate drops are not hardware related. It is the game engine,bad code and server lagging. Not even 16 cores each at 5ghz can save You. In large fights turn distance to minimum and set play ability effect on party or to self. Dont forget some addons can impact your fps heavilly. There is guide on forum how to improve game performance.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#10 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:43 pm

@hargrim gather the code monkeys and make a new war executable asap, that supports multi thread/core 64 bit cpu
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza