Recent Topics

Ads

problem starting the game

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Rathael87

Re: problem starting the game

Post#21 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:34 pm

Just adding my 2 cents just in case there ends up being something that needs to be looked at with the launcher (not suggesting there necessarily is):

I also encountered sudden problems today exactly as MaKaliKa described above. The game has been working to perfection for weeks and I suddenly got the issue described without any changes my end (not even automatic windows updates, since all updates on my system are manual).

To re-iterate, my problem was that the launcher was able to run and I could click connect, but nothing happened. I immediately tried checking if anything was blocked and manually launched the launcher as administrator. Tried a quick re-download and re-copy of the launcher into the main folder but the problem persisted.

I'm currently in the process of re-installing the client and launcher. Once I'm done with that, I'll just try a full restart and maybe opening it as admin a few times. That seems to work for some.

If dat dunt wurk, I'll bash it 'ard enuff until it duz.

~Raffgoff

Ads
Shaeris

Post#22 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:41 pm

Same as everyone else. Played last night, went to bed and later on woke up to my launcher just not reacting to me hitting connect.

Voidfiend

Post#23 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:44 pm

MaKaliKa wrote:Fixed! Though I have no idea why or how ^-^"

Here's what I initially did:
*edit*

1. downloaded the game (https://www.returnofreckoning.com/join. ... =us&step=2) - the torrent links to an already unzipped game folder. I moved the entire folder to the hard drive where I store all my games
2. downloaded and installed directx 9.0c
3. downloaded the launcher
4. ran the launcher
- that didn't work (could click on connect but nothing happened)
5. disabled my antivirus (Bullguard)
6. went to Windows FireWall and added RoR to allowed programs
7. unchecked Read Only for the entire game map
8. activated 'run as administrator'
9. restarted computer
10. ran the launcher
- still didn't work so posted on the forum
11. turned off computer entirely because I had some stuff to do irl
12. turned computer back on
13. ran the launcher
- now it works

MAGIC. I have no other explanation.
Same issue. Launcher appears but clicking connect does nothing. I've tried all of these items as well. Even changed my password but still nothing. I logged in yesterday so it's really strange that this is happening.

Is there a method of manually starting the WAR.exe file with the appropriate configs rather than using the launcher?

I suppose I could try a blood sacrifice to Khaine next...

Royial20

Post#24 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:51 pm

Same issues with everyone, was logged in earlier this morning and later this afternoon I can't login. Tried all the troubleshooting offered here on the forums but, nothings changed.

I set up a new password but, it almost seems like the launcher doesn't recognize what kind of password I'm putting in because when I log into this site I get an error telling me too many password attempts even though this is the first time I'm logging in and I had the password correct, not sure if thats part of the underlying issue but, figured I'd share what I've tried or noticed.

Hopefully it clears itself up soon.

Shaeris

Post#25 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:31 pm

...Well, I found the solution. For me, I just kept restarting the launcher and autistically mashing the connect button just as it'd light up until eventually it registered and the button greyed out. Game opened up soon afterwards.

Zealote

Post#26 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:32 pm

Shaeris wrote:...Well, I found the solution. For me, I just kept restarting the launcher and autistically mashing the connect button just as it'd light up until eventually it registered and the button greyed out. Game opened up soon afterwards.
Yep worked for me on about the 5th go as well. I remember we had the same problem ages ago, with the same 'fix'.
Aetir

saupreusse
Developer

Post#27 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:34 pm

Currently experiencing a bit more ddos than usual , so the problems are prolly related to this. No need to freak out. You might need several tries until it connects you.

Voidfiend

Post#28 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:51 pm

saupreusse wrote:Currently experiencing a bit more ddos than usual , so the problems are prolly related to this. No need to freak out. You might need several tries until it connects you.
Thank you for the update. It seems my sacrifice to Khaine has not gone unanswered.

Ads
NimO

Post#29 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:38 am

Good news. I finally launched the game.

the bad news. It shows no realms and stuff. Presuming its part of the DDOS attack going on but this shouldn't be this bad:

http://imgur.com/a/1SPJW

frankystein65

Post#30 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:17 am

I have the same issue. tries all the steps here including replacing the launcher and still no access. worked fine last night