Recent Topics

Ads

problem starting the game

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Petsouris

Re: problem starting the game

Post#31 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:36 am

Ok this worked for me.
First of all make sure that the main folder of RoR is NOT read only. If it is make sure to uncheck it to all its subfolders etc.
If you are running the game with a shortcut you will have to delete the old one and make a new one.

Worked for me.
Petsouris-Shaman
Sanshiro-Zealot

TUP®

Ads
bergTroll

Post#32 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:13 am

The Windows Firewall seemed to be the cause of the problem for me. Make sure to add both RoRLauncher.exe and WAR.exe to your firewall exceptions.

TheGeronimoChief

Post#33 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:01 pm

Same thing here after todays patch.Made the launcher an exception from firewall & anti-virus but still nothing it doesn't run at all.First time in about a year.

ReliClion

Post#34 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:53 pm

I hawe a problem too My lucher working buth when I click connect nothing hepens I w8 30 min and nothing hapens???? Help?

ReliClion

Post#35 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:56 pm

Now I tray on windows 10 to turn off windows firewall but same problem :( Help

Moschitos

Post#36 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:46 am

same thing is happening to me now. until yesterday i only had to open and close it twice in order to work. seemed odd, but okay, it worked.
Today, trying my first login nothing happens. I tried everything i could find on the forums. Replaced launcher, open/close countless times, firewall exceptions, vpn, .... nothing works.

EDIT: now, around 4h later the game started. let's hope it stays that way :)

MaKaliKa

Post#37 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Opening and closing the launcher several times does the trick for me. There might also have been some difficulties due to the DDoS (not an IT-expert, so I don't know).
I'm not trapped in here with you, you're trapped in here with me

BW Liadann

Lorn29

Post#38 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:21 pm

Same thing is happening to me right now. Firewall exception, read-only, closing et launching again the launcher, "run as administrator" activated. Nothing seems to work.

Ads
NimO

Post#39 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Okay. I am now encountering a interesting issue.

I cannot uncheck Read-only on the folder. Cause it keeps auto checking whenever I close the Menu to apply it.

MaKaliKa

Post#40 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:34 pm

@NimO that seems more like a issue originating from the settings on your computer than an issue caused by the client and/or launcher files... You should check which rights you have assigned to your account and administrator account.
I'm not trapped in here with you, you're trapped in here with me

BW Liadann