Recent Topics

Ads

RoR Launcher not even launching

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
mujushin

RoR Launcher not even launching

Post#1 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:10 pm

I've read the stickies and have tried downloading both the launcher and client multiple times. I've unlocked all files, unchecked read onlys... I can't even get the launcher to actually open. I don't get any error messages, no indication of what is going on. The files are all in the same directory, Im running windows 8.1 on an MSI laptop. I used google chrome to download and also firefox, I don't know what else I can try. I loved this game and played it until they shut it down and I really want to check out this server but I dont know why the launcher never opens and when I mouse over the applications box in the taskbar it's just ablack window named "main window" that i see. No username or login or any kind of indication of anything. I wish there was an erro mesage or something in the logs but there is nothing. I tried to wait and see if i could solve it on my own but I need help. I promise i tried my best to resolve the problem through the stickied threads and faqs to no avail. If there is any more info you need to help me, please let me know. thank you for your time.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: RoR Launcher not even launching

Post#2 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:14 pm

Check/make Antivirus/Firewall exceptions for the game folder. Maybe MSI has some weird bundled Gaming crap that's blocking it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog