Recent Topics

Ads

Error upon launch

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
AnimalJoker

Error upon launch

Post#1 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:17 am

I start the launcher, type in my info, an error scene pops up before the game launchs and it won't let me select or make character. Just says Cinematic, credits, settings, and quit. Here is the error

Data.myp:
System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry.
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_NameTable()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String category, String counter, Boolean& categoryExists)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
at MYPHandler.MYPHandler..ctor(String filename, del_FileTableEventHandler eventHandler_FileTable, del_FileEventHandler eventHandler_Extraction, HashDictionary hashDic)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Re: Error upon launch

Post#2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:38 pm

If you're getting this line of code in your error log:

Code: Select all

You need to rebuild performance counters.

Download this:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... LyWXubK6N7

Extract the file inside and run it as administrator. Then try logging in.
[/color]

AnimalJoker

Post#3 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:46 pm

Thank you very much! That worked perfectly!

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#4 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:56 am

thats why this hint is written in the sticky thread every new user is asked to read carefully ^^
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Teladuron

Post#5 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Elven wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:38 pm If you're getting this line of code in your error log:

Code: Select all

You need to rebuild performance counters.

Download this:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... LyWXubK6N7

Extract the file inside and run it as administrator. Then try logging in.

I have been experiencing the same issues, minus the error popup before the game launches, but sometime after the game launches, I get a separate popup that says authentication failed, and that it is shutting down the application. Am I being blocked from my account?

Tasdaz

Post#6 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:23 pm

I am getting the same error:
Error Downloading HTTP:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Return of Reckoning\WAR.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRLauncher.Client.A98wHY8h7w09xWaFRnT(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
at RoRLauncher.Client.qr1ZxRLQGc(Object , Object )

Acidic

Post#7 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:50 pm

Tasdaz wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:23 pm I am getting the same error:
Error Downloading HTTP:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Return of Reckoning\WAR.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRLauncher.Client.A98wHY8h7w09xWaFRnT(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
at RoRLauncher.Client.qr1ZxRLQGc(Object , Object )
Looks like the write protection has not been removed from the download .

This is probably as the directory c:\program files..\ write protects subdirectories, believe on boot . Windows feature

I suggest moving the return of reckoning to be directly off c:
So c:\return of reckoning\
Once that done remove the write protection from contents and subdirectory of the c:\return of reckoning\

Tasdaz

Post#8 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:19 am

Acidic wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:50 pm Looks like the write protection has not been removed from the download .

This is probably as the directory c:\program files..\ write protects subdirectories, believe on boot . Windows feature

I suggest moving the return of reckoning to be directly off c:
So c:\return of reckoning\
Once that done remove the write protection from contents and subdirectory of the c:\return of reckoning\
Awesome, thanks for the tip. I will try that

Ads
Ichaerus

Post#9 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:25 am

I've had this problem since October, and have tried everything. From the video on how to install RoR, to doing the torrent instead of the direct link, to unchecking the Read Only box multiple times, to starting it up and closing it several times to try and do the verify. I've even tried full uninstalls, registry scouring, moving it to the C:/ drive by itself. And every time I booted up the game, I get this popping up. Currently, the only two options I have left are to either save up for a new laptop, or to do a full wipe of my laptop and reset it all the way back to the beginning settings.

https://s459.photobucket.com/user/Three ... sort=1&o=0

Acidic

Post#10 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:21 am

On my phone so was not that easy to read the pic , have poor eyesight

My “feeling” is it sounds like a driver issue, or I think so some of the threads identified certain hardware and associated drivers caused problems for windows .
Maybe one of the big brained devs could give some feedback (hint hint)