Recent Topics

Ads

Black Screen at Character Selection page.

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Schivabrighe

Black Screen at Character Selection page.

Post#1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Hello RoR community!
I'm new of the server and started to play here with my friends some days ago.
While I was creating a character named "Lethis" on my new account, I got kicked out of the server and have been unable to login in my character selection screen page anymore.
I use my credentials and I get connected, then game search for all data (Entering the fray, Connected to server, Handshaking, Logging in, Login Complete, Login Complete.) then switch screen to load again (Locating Battle, Searching for Allies...) and it stops at this point, with "Searching for Allies..." as last text message and a black screen instead of my character page.
I can't do anything if not pressing on one of the buttons below (Cinematics, Quit...).

Several attempts made, tried to find something similar into the forum, I asked some friends of mine if they could try to login with my credentials and they cannot as well.
More people explained me how to "/stuck /stuck" during my loading screen but it does not work: seems mine is a problem that cannot be solved by the unstuck command.
I saw the communication between server and forum had some troubles in the past days, during which I created my account, so I waited some days patiently to check if my problem was not permanent. I decided now to post here because I'd really want to play this awesome game with my friends but we cannot fix this problem by ourselves.
I ask for any GM intervention, anything would be appreciated even if GMs could delete that "Lethis" character who seems started my issue.
PS: My english is not great and I apologize for this, but friends of mine can help me translating in my natural language.

My full support goes to work you developers and GMs are doing to let people play this amazing game.
Thank you previously,

Schivabrighe

Ads
Schivabrighe

Re: Black Screen at Character Selection page.

Post#2 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:58 pm

Problem solved! thank you :D

Starter

Post#3 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:54 am

im having same issue. tried the launcher 10 times same result of blank character screen. every time i click connect also get an error occured message but game launches to start screen with blank to create a character. an error occured has a red copy to clipboard so will show

Data.myp:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'H:\Warhammer Return of Reckoning\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'.
File name: 'H:\Warhammer Return of Reckoning\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\mythloginserviceconfig.xml'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

any help

Starter

Post#4 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:02 am

found answer. redownloaded mythloginserviceconfig.xml and now works

Ghorke

Post#5 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:39 pm

buthow do you redownload just that 1 portion? do I need to redownload the entire game?