Recent Topics

Ads

RoR with Bootcamp on a mac

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
neokingdom

RoR with Bootcamp on a mac

Post#1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:46 pm

Hey everyone, just a short post here first of all introducing myself (hey!) and letting fellow mac users know that the game works great if you use bootcamp. I tried wine and all sorts of other cross platform software and nothing worked. However bootcamp runs the game perfectly. A lot of troubleshooting was involved but it's smooth as ballz now.

If you're a mac user, use Bootcamp. You don't have to partition much of your harddrive for it to work, but make sure you backup everything on an external before you try to do it. It's a bit of a drag, but worth it in the end, it'll also allow you to play a plethora of other pc games with no problem.

Ads
offlinemodus

Re: RoR with Bootcamp on a mac

Post#2 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:29 pm

it works on parallels too, without any problems.

Thayli

Re: RoR with Bootcamp on a mac

Post#3 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:41 am

I can confirm the game works on Wine (at least on Linux), though. The only thing that does not work is patching the client. The easiest way to circumvent this is to install the game on a Windows machine or VM, followed by copying the files over to your Wine prefix and playing.
Thayli - SH
Thlayli - SQ

[Phalanx]