Recent Topics

Ads

Having some trouble with the launcher

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
strung100

Having some trouble with the launcher

Post#1 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:36 pm

Data.myp:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070422): The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070422)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Management.ManagementScope.InitializeGuts(Object o)
at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initialize()
at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()
at MYPHandler.MYPHandler..ctor(String filename, del_FileTableEventHandler eventHandler_FileTable, del_FileEventHandler eventHandler_Extraction, HashDictionary hashDic)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

When I hit connect after putting in my account information, this error pops up and when the game launches I see no servers. I apologize if I am missing something that the READ THIS OR DIE post mentioned but I did not understand it very well. Thanks so much for any help

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Re: Having some trouble with the launcher

Post#2 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:10 am

This might take a lot of back on forth :P

Give these a go:

- Have you tried adding the game to the exception list for your anti virus and firewall settings?
- Is the computer you're using a pre-built system? If so, do you have any applications/programs from the manufacturer on it, such as Dell or Asus management programs?
- Have you tried running a virus scan and malware scan to check for any rogue programs blocking the RoR launcher.
-Make sure you're running launcher as administrator.
-Can you log in while using a VPN?

If none of these solutions work for you, you can send me an email (linked below) and I'll get back to you.

XenoTitan

Re: Having some trouble with the launcher

Post#3 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:50 am

Bump. Same problem, I've tried everything I can with no solution :x