Recent Topics

Ads

Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
gszero

Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException

Post#1 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:34 pm

I get this error every time I try to start the game using your launcher.

Code: Select all

Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'E:\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\WAR.exe' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
   at RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
   at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

Ads
Azarael

Re: Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException

Post#2 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:36 pm

Please explain why you failed to read the thread that is linked in the header on every single page in this subforum.

gszero

Post#3 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:37 pm

Because I fail to see any post or topic related to my issue...

Azarael

Post#4 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:39 pm

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... f=4&t=2889

The title being "COMMON ISSUES - READ OR DIE - THAT MEANS YOU".

In the Launcher subsection:
Launcher wrote:Access was denied to the path or file WAR.exe!

Remove the write-protection (right click the game folder -> properties -> disable read-only) from all the files in the WAR folder and try again. You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges.

If you used the torrent to download the game, the torrent application may still be using the files. Either copy the entire WAR folder to a new location (if you wish to continue supporting the torrent), or move the entire WAR folder to another location to break access to the torrent.
The whole point of that thread and the omnipresent header is to stop you having to make topics like this that we have to reply to, so yes, I get a little annoyed when I end up having to reply anyway.

gszero

Post#5 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:42 pm

Azarael wrote:http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... f=4&t=2889

The title being "COMMON ISSUES - READ OR DIE - THAT MEANS YOU".

In the Launcher subsection:
Launcher wrote:Access was denied to the path or file WAR.exe!

Remove the write-protection (right click the game folder -> properties -> disable read-only) from all the files in the WAR folder and try again. You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges.

If you used the torrent to download the game, the torrent application may still be using the files. Either copy the entire WAR folder to a new location (if you wish to continue supporting the torrent), or move the entire WAR folder to another location to break access to the torrent.
The whole point of that thread and the omnipresent header is to stop you having to make topics like this that we have to reply to, so yes, I get a little annoyed when I end up having to reply anyway.
I found the fix. Appreciated, but if you get annoyed. I am extremely confused as to why you have the files set to "read-only" as your direct download client on your very own website. A simple fix rather then needing people to read your forums. Remove the read only and re upload it... Why this has not been done yet is beyond me.

Azarael

Post#6 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:05 pm

I agree that it's a stupid issue, but I have to pass the buck; I'm not in charge of the client downloads. :P

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#7 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:12 pm

made my day ;)

the funny thing is: i NEVER had to uncheck read only to make it work ony my pc ^^
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Elven
Former Staff

Post#8 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:39 pm

I can't be held accountable for the torrent copy of the game. As for the direct downloads via Mega I provide, they were straight copies of my own (fully working) client which "Read only" is unchecked.

Ads
SergeantStorm

Post#9 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:25 am

Thank you,

I also had this problem and failed to see this detail until I discoved this post. interesting that the launcher was flagged as read only, seems rather silly?

Storm.