Recent Topics

Ads

Client download issues and troubleshooting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Elven
Former Staff

Re: Client download issues and troubleshooting

Post#1971 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:28 am

LordSeraph wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:03 am
Error Downloading updater:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\WarhammerOnline\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\RoRLauncher.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRUpdater.MainWindow.c7L3Zl71wSqG8TOaIO(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
at RoRUpdater.MainWindow.tYB114Sxk(Object , DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs )

"System.UnauthorizedAccessException"

Remove read only on the game folder.

Remove the write-protection (right click the game folder -> properties -> disable read-only) from all the files in the WAR folder and try again. You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges.

If you used the torrent to download the game, the torrent application may still be using the files. Either copy the entire WAR folder to a new location (if you wish to continue supporting the torrent), or move the entire WAR folder to another location to break access to the torrent.

Ads
failynn

Post#1972 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:34 pm

I got the following message when I launched RoRUpdater.exe for the first time:

Error Downloading updater:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at RoRUpdater.MainWindow.gy3MwXQNt3w1CDbjGc(Object )
at RoRUpdater.MainWindow.tYB114Sxk(Object , DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs )

My folder has been moved out of my torrent directory. I have removed read only access from the parent directory. I have browsed the read here first items and haven't seen anything similar. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. :)

edit:
anti-virus got me. added the war folder to my exclusion list and everything is working now. hope this helps someone else.

sharke22

Post#1973 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:17 pm

Ill preface this by saying im computer illiterate and heavily dependant on researching idiot proof methods, however I feel I have exhausted the preexisting forum content to correct my issue, in addition to all other trouble shooting avenues. Ive downloaded to game via the tixati torrent, moved the file to my :D, put the launcher into the WAR folder and ensured my install folder is correct. However, the following error message comes up every time i attempt to run the launcher, and I'm at a loss.
Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at RoRLauncher.Client.Xb33qW8eJjbsG8YgnB1(Object , Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm(Object )

I would really appreciate some intelligent thought on the subject with an actionable solution.

Lemnis

Post#1974 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:06 am

Please forgive me, there are 198 pages. Reading them thoroughly would take as long as it's taking to install the game...

Tried downloading the installer in Chrome, it froze at some point saying that "Your connection seems to have dropped out..." then saw here in the forum this is a browser issue. Then attempted to download the installer using Firefox, same problem.

Then I attempted to download via the Launcher, which took nearly two days to get through 10% of the files. Sadly, way longer than one might expect. After almost two days I get this error (please see below), the process is stopped and starts over again from the beginning. Aside from downloading via Torrent, is there any way to fix this issue?

Error:

"Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
at RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm(Object )"

Thanks in advance for any and all help/advice provided!

Take care

diabolomephisto

Post#1975 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:12 am

Try login in administrator

sharke22

Post#1976 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:34 pm

I identified the problem causing it to throw that error error, disconnect from server. It doesnt like your internet. Either your internet is garbage, or it cant transfer data over IPv4. im in a hotel for the next 5 months for work, and the launcher wont work with the hotel internet, so try using a mobile hotspot to get the game on your computer and updated is the best i can tell you.

FriendlyTalbot

Post#1977 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:57 am

I keep getting this issue:

Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm(Object )

imabaer

Post#1978 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:46 am

I've been trying to get the game to run without any success; I've tried the following:

-Downloading the files from the torrent and using the folder as is

In this case, running RoRLauncher will actually have the launcher window pop up (showing the web server as green and the login server as yellow, as well as the most current patch notes); logging in starts a quick patch download, and then ends the launcher program without actually running the game.

-Downloading the files from the torrent and replacing the launcher with the version in Step 3
-Installing with RoRInstaller from the above link
-Downloading someone else's install folder from one of the help threads and using that as is

In these cases, attempting to run RoRLauncher prompts me for admin privileges, and then nothing else happens; the launcher window does not show, and I do not receive an error message.

I've made sure Direct X 9 is installed, that the folder and its contents aren't read only, and have tried other things listed in the common errors FAQ, including resetting IPV4 and IPV6, ensuring Net 3.5 is enabled, etc.

I'm on Windows 10, with a reasonably new-ish PC.

Any Ideas?

Ads
Acidic

Post#1979 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:11 am

Sounds like the directory u placed the game
Try c:\ror\ instead and make sure write protect is removed

imabaer

Post#1980 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:31 am

Acidic wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:11 am Sounds like the directory u placed the game
Try c:\ror\ instead and make sure write protect is removed
I tried moving the folder to C:\RoR, as well as the Desktop; no dice. Any other ideas?

Edit: Bah, I'm an idiot; forgot to add an exception in Avast. Thank you again for your help.