Recent Topics

Ads

Client download issues and troubleshooting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Tiggo
Former Staff

Re: Client download issues and troubleshooting

Post#1811 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:30 am

did you download with torrent? copy the game folder to a different location. make sure you make the folder readably by unclicking "read only" on the game folders properties.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Ads
Deril

Post#1812 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:32 pm

hello, veteran player of WAR here, first thanks to bring back the rekcogning, second i'm having this troubles:
i apear unable to get the patch 1.4.8, and after boting the RoR launcher and conecting i get this.
Error starting: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: No se pudo encontrar el archivo 'C:\Users\Isidre\Downloads\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning launcher\WAR.exe'.
Nombre de archivo: 'C:\Users\Isidre\Downloads\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning launcher\WAR.exe'
en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
en System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
en System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
en RoRLauncher.Hash.GetMd5HashFromFile(String fileName)
en RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
en RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#1813 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:58 pm

dont start war.exe or warpatch.exe there is nothing to patch.

you must run the launcher. you must use the downloadversion provided here, not the cd version you might have.

the rorlauncher.exe must be in the same folder as the game you downloaded from here.
- Smooshie (Destro)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#1814 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:50 pm

'C:\Users\Isidre\Downloads\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning launcher\WAR.exe'

You have the main WAR folder, then you have the RoR launcher folder inside of that, then you have the WAR.exe inside of that.

Put everything in the main WAR folder, then run the RoR launcher. They should all be able to see each other in the same folder to work.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Kaeartes

Post#1815 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Hey, so I seem to be getting a fairly common issue. The RoR launcher starts the game and I reach the start menu with options for "cinematic", "credits", "settings", and "quit", whilst on the right-middle of the screen is a black rectangle. The background loads with tents and torches but nothing else, no server browser, no character creator, no indicator of the two sides or anything like that. After about 10 seconds on the screen I will hear the windows chime for when a change occurs and the game crashes. When I windows out there is an error message saying "Authentification failed -- application will now terminate".

I have downloaded the English client twice from the forum post, as well as another copy that was shared on another thread but still the same fault. I have done every action on the FAQ (unchecking read-only (although for some reason the folder will not stay editable which may be part of the fault), downloaded different launchers, checked antivirus and firewalls, gone through the command screen, run as admin, adjusted properties, tried through a vpn, renamed cache folders as that was one suggestion) the whole lot that I could find on this forum but no joy.

I am on windows 10 (although I assume that isn't the issue as others report no inherent problem there), downloaded using chrome, I run on an Asus gaming laptop rig that is about a year old, but have turned off the AsusGameFirstService, and have tried my best to sort this myself but I have seen no change in the issue.

Any other suggestions, as I have missed playing this game and am really in the mood for some WAR. Cheers for any help

masterchima109

Post#1816 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Error unpacking:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Villanueva\Downloads\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\war\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRLauncher.MainWindow.Unpack(String fileName)
(I need help ) what do I do here?

Deril

Post#1817 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:52 pm

tried moving the War aplication(i gues it's the exe) to the RoR folder still nothing

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#1818 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:55 pm

ALL files must be in the same folder.

masterchima109 just do what 2 trillion answers in this thread say or the sticky thread...
- Smooshie (Destro)

Ads
Deril

Post#1819 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:23 pm

let's see i got this now C:\Users\Isidre\Downloads\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning launcher
still i get the same problem
Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Acceso denegado a la ruta de acceso 'C:\Users\Isidre\Downloads\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning launcher\WAR.exe'.
en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
en System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
en System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
en System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
en RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
en RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

Ley
Former Staff

Post#1820 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:39 pm

Access was denied to the path or file WAR.exe!

Unblock the launcher. (right click RoRLauncher.exe -> properties -> click Unblock button)

Remove the write-protection (right click the game folder -> properties -> disable read-only) from all the files in the WAR folder and try again. You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges.

Maybe that?