Recent Topics

Ads

d3dx9_34.dll file missing. how do i get it?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
ferndog

d3dx9_34.dll file missing. how do i get it?

Post#1 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:02 am

cants start game without it.

thanks

Ads
Rexsuar
Former Staff

Re: d3dx9_34.dll file missing. how do i get it?

Post#2 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:30 am

You need to download the DirectX 9.0 pack from Microsoft. This should fix any missing .dll files
https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/downloa ... x?id=34429
Spoiler:
I'm always recording. ;)

ferndog

Post#3 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:14 am

great. thank u

gefson

Post#4 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:42 am

or you can google search the dlls, and find them that way to place them in system32

Rexsuar
Former Staff

Post#5 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:06 pm

gefson wrote:or you can google search the dlls, and find them that way to place them in system32
True but some OS's Deny access in altering the Dll files. Such as W10 for example...

@Ferndog
Dont go to websites other than Microsoft to download Dll files. Unless you know absolutely what your doing then that's fine.

Just keep in mind there is a lot of Sites that advertise the Dll files, and you can very easily download viruses with them...

Again use Microsoft for any problems in general.
Spoiler:
I'm always recording. ;)

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:29 pm

im not sure but i think it will also work if u copy the dll in the warhammer folder..

Obeed

Post#7 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:13 am

Did anyone have any luck with this one? I have downloaded the DirectX 9.0 pack from Microsoft but it has not resolved the issue... I have tried installing the pack from within the WAR folder, no change, I have done a search on the PC for d3dx9_34.dll after installing the pack but the file does not exist. I have updated Nvidia drivers from Nvidia site, I have GeForce Experience installed, it says there are no other updates available.. any ideas would be appreciated, thankyou for reading my issue.
Nothing is as sure as the glitter of gold and the treachery of Elves!

chozen

Post#8 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:22 am

Had the same issue after copying files from one PC and pasting on another. I fixed it by installing the lates nvidia driver for my video card.

Ads
Obeed

Post#9 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:59 am

Just an update, got the d3dx9_34.dll from another PC that's running WAR fine and pasted in sys32... no change. Pasted it in the WAR folder however and now I get a different error of 0xc000007b, application was unable to start correctly. I have found a link with some things to try that I will be trying through the afternoon...

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id- ... 0007b.html

Hopefully the answer lies within! :D

Obeed

Post#10 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:46 pm

SOLVED!! So I found the fix, finally I have put in a fair bit of effort to get to the bottom but yeah.. Rexuar was on the right track, however The link Rexuar has there is a basic web installer which does not fix some direct X issues including corrupt .dll files... there is another one that does however, its a full DirectX Redist installer which overwrites all dx .dll files and makes the thing work! Here is the link, happy wargamming! https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=8109