Recent Topics

Ads

[Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
xpander
Community Management

Re: RoR under Linux

Post#221 » Mon May 31, 2021 1:51 pm

ufthakk wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:32 pm whats shaders are u using if i may ask.
just fakeHDR, tonemap and dlssharpness (which is nvidia equivalent of contrast adaptive sharpness [cas]

load order:

Code: Select all

effects = tonemap:hdr:dls
on top of that i have dxvk.conf file with

Code: Select all

d3d9.maxAvailableMemory = 4096
d3d9.samplerAnisotropy = 16
d3d9.forceSwapchainMSAA = 4
looks maybe a bit too colorful for some, depending on monitor color calibration but i like it vibrant :)
Spoiler:
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
felipetrz

Post#222 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:11 am

I'm having issues with the camera control, whenever I release the right mouse button, the camera resets to a top view as if I moved the mouse quickly.

This happens with or without virtual desktop and mouse capture.

Cultist

Post#223 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:04 am

felipetrz wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:11 am I'm having issues with the camera control, whenever I release the right mouse button, the camera resets to a top view as if I moved the mouse quickly.

are you running two screens? I set my game on full screen for the same reason

felipetrz

Post#224 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:20 am

Cultist wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:04 am
felipetrz wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:11 am I'm having issues with the camera control, whenever I release the right mouse button, the camera resets to a top view as if I moved the mouse quickly.

I'm not, and it happens both in windowed/fullscreen modes too.

xpander
Community Management

Post#225 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:47 am

felipetrz wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:20 am

are you running wayland or X11. I suggest X11 if you are on wayland. Wayland still has some weird input related quircks. You probably would want to use wayland patched wine to make it better.
if thats not the case, try different Window Manager if you can to see if that fixes the mouse issues. You can also try disabling lutris runtime, maybe that does something odd.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Cultist

Post#226 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:48 am

the problem I have is the cursor goes to the second screen even though I'm playing on the first with no full screen
now for your issue it seems likely to be a X11 or DE problem, what are you running, KDE, gnome, xfce4...?
double check everything outside the game and ingame regarding your cursor, even config files from X11

felipetrz

Post#227 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:46 am

xpander wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:47 am

are you running wayland or X11. I suggest X11 if you are on wayland. Wayland still has some weird input related quircks. You probably would want to use wayland patched wine to make it better.
if thats not the case, try different Window Manager if you can to see if that fixes the mouse issues. You can also try disabling lutris runtime, maybe that does something odd.
Yes, I'm on wayland (sway).
Well, I managed to solve the issue by running the game with Gamescope, so that's an option for anyone who have this issue and don't want to setup a X11 session for the game. Besides, I can use it to run the game in 3840x2160, for even better graphics.

xpander
Community Management

Post#228 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:00 pm

someone else had that same issue on sway also some time ago, iirc its been even reported to them long time ago.. sad its still not fixed yet then. But great to hear you found aa workaround.. I will update first post with the troubleshooting section with that..thanks
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
kodos

Re: [Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#229 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:55 pm

don't know if this is new but I just came across this nice little bug yesterday (always testing in new version if there are some improvements)

the game stops working with wine 6.15 (maybe an earlier version too as I did not tried all) and I really mean it stops working, it just does not run, no error, no log, nothing.
even changing back to a previous working version does not help

you need to run the game once with wine 5.20-staging to get it working again (older versions like 5.11 did not help), than you can switch to the previous working older or newer version
thou shall not whine

Natherul
Former Staff

Re: [Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#230 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:16 am

kodos wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:55 pm don't know if this is new but I just came across this nice little bug yesterday (always testing in new version if there are some improvements)

the game stops working with wine 6.15 (maybe an earlier version too as I did not tried all) and I really mean it stops working, it just does not run, no error, no log, nothing.
even changing back to a previous working version does not help

you need to run the game once with wine 5.20-staging to get it working again (older versions like 5.11 did not help), than you can switch to the previous working older or newer version
This is not too weird. For example in one of the releases for proton GE the following message was added:
"Due to large changes in wine 6.5+, you will need to remove old/current prefixes for any games launched with this version. Old prefixes will not work."

I have not tried myself with a newer version but I fully expect I would need to delete my prefix then