Recent Topics

Ads

Update cannot complete

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Hyperion298

Update cannot complete

Post#1 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:52 am

Hi,

First time i've downloaded RoR, wanted to play it a bit since it looked really interesting and love the Warhammer universe. I came upon the RoR update part which i have to complete, but i get an issue about half-way through which doesnt let me complete it. The error message looks like this:

Error Downloading updater:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Games\Warhammer Online\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\RoRLauncher.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRUpdater.MainWindow.c7L3Zl71wSqG8TOaIO(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
at RoRUpdater.MainWindow.tYB114Sxk(Object , DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs )

I have done the instructions in the install guide, and i have also added it to the exclusion list. I kinda need some help here please :(

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Re: Update cannot complete

Post#2 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:57 am

Spoiler:
Hyperion298 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:52 am Hi,

First time i've downloaded RoR, wanted to play it a bit since it looked really interesting and love the Warhammer universe. I came upon the RoR update part which i have to complete, but i get an issue about half-way through which doesnt let me complete it. The error message looks like this:

Error Downloading updater:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Games\Warhammer Online\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\RoRLauncher.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRUpdater.MainWindow.c7L3Zl71wSqG8TOaIO(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
at RoRUpdater.MainWindow.tYB114Sxk(Object , DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs )

I have done the instructions in the install guide, and i have also added it to the exclusion list. I kinda need some help here please :(
Hey,

How to Download:
- Recommend Torrent Tixati: http://www.tixati.com/
- First step, disable your Antivirus, Firewall, or Malware detection programs. These can potentially interfere with an install.
- Download torrent file: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/files ... 20.torrent
- Run the Torrent file, with the Torrent app, and wait until it finishes.

How to Install:

- Stop your Torrent from seeding (close it)
- Go into folder properties of the game, uncheck read only
(Right click your folder > properties > uncheck read only)
- Swap launcher.exe existing in the folder
- Go into launcher.exe properies and uncheck the unblock check box on the bottom, apply
- Remove write protect on everything in game folder and subdirectories
- If you don't have DirectX 9.0c installed it is required, and now this is also included in the torrent.
In the ReturnOfReckoning-March2020 folder find the dx90c folder, open that and run DXSETUP.exe
- Run launcher as Admin
(Right click the RoR updater > properties > run administrator)
- Let it update
- Exit launcher and rerun it again
- Wait for 2nd update
- Launch the game

If there are still issues:
- Check your Antivirus program, and white list RoR
- Uncheck all "Read Only" in the whole directory
- Don’t use the program files area, place it somewhere else like c:\ror... as windows will write protect this area again, probably on pc restart . Once you move it remove write protect.
- Maybe a simple PC restart do some wonder
- Redownload the Launcher: (newest launcher) http://launcher.returnofreckoning.com/RoRLauncher.exe
- Missing directX 9.0c: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=8109
- Viny FPS guide viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19867#p218143
- Reduce Lag, Crashes, Disconects - Complete list of things you can do viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20075&sid=f1d9ec9fb ... fcbe13d3f5

I think your problem is, that your game is still in D:\.... move it to c:\...and check your write proctection.

Hyperion298

Re: Update cannot complete

Post#3 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:05 am

Thank you very much for the quick reply! It started now with all of the instructions, thank you again!!