Recent Topics

Ads

New Warhammer Online Art?

Creative minds can display their work here, from images and videos to custom addons and other software applications related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lysandaria

New Warhammer Online Art?

Post#1 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:30 am

Salutations,

I am an old pre-order warhammer player... and I do 3d/2d Art and Animation. I do have some programming background and can get certified if that helps. Mostly I am just bored (I'm young and retired) and looking to contribute. I've been into Warhammer since the early 90's and am open to helping out. I will attach a reference 2D and 3D piece I have recently done for another game (Sci-fi)...

~ Lysandaria
Attachments
Vehicle
Vehicle
qlav_l1b.png (50.65 KiB) Viewed 5190 times
Alien, 2D
Alien, 2D
red_ona12.png (84.81 KiB) Viewed 5190 times

Ads
JeFawk

Re: New Warhammer Online Art?

Post#2 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:19 am

Hi.
I like your post. It s full of contradictions. You're an old pre something player but then you're young and retired. The post s name is warhammer art and you post some Sci fi images (PS that face is ugly, not enough dept so it looks like a frog). Another intriguing thing would be a programming certificate. I fail to see how that would ever be helpful for return of reckoning.

I like you, you make me actually use my brain in an attempt to decrypt your message. We should talk someday.

Grolar

Post#3 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:40 am

Brutal yet true. I would like very much to be this, young AND retired. Send me millions of your dollars in large quantities.
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

Lysandaria

Post#4 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:54 pm

I'm retired due to work related injuries, I doubt very much you want to be in my shoes. Certificate is because I offered to help some other project and they laughed me away because I didn't have some degree... and to be honest the artwork I usually do is Sci-fi because that is where the majority of my interests lie.

That said my friends have moved back to warhammer online and I thought to offer to help which may not be required or desired. I've been a warhammer fantasy/40k player since the 90's, that should have been clarified.

JeFawk

Post#5 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Don't take it personal, I honestly enjoyed reading that intro, compared to the usual "hi i'm bla i played war and you guys do a gj" those are lame ;)

Feel free to uhm I donno... :S hmm make people signatures? :P Seeing as the website is completed I got no idea how you could help with your skills, also I'm sure Max will ignore you as he's been doing usually.

Lysandaria

Post#6 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:18 pm

I was thinking of doing something a bit more up my alley. While I was in the university the original warhammer online was being developed and I did some time as a student under Blur Studio as an animation intern. I saw the intro movie for this game being developed and know its production pipeline. I do not know if Return to Reckoning needs any help with art which is what the original post was about.... but after a brief chat with my friends on ventrilo I figured I might as well do an animation reel which may help this community or at least diversify my Sci-fi heavy portfolio.

JeFawk

Post#7 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:47 pm

I dont understand how some sci fi animation can help this community but knock yourself out. If you're into animations I actually had a really good idea; if you wanna make a 5 second movie ;) give me a pm

Grolar

Post#8 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Lysandaria, I'm sorry for your circumstances. :) I just wish I was retired and still young. Sadly I'm neither.
I am also an artist with a vast amount of knowledge of the game industry from an insiders perspective. Though I am here as a Warhammer Online fan. Waaagh!!

Ads
Lysandaria

Post#9 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:41 pm

JeFawk, I think you misunderstand me... but that may be my fault as I am only checking these forums briefly while I work on a Star Wars related fan film. I am talking with some of my friends after your initial response and settled on making a Warhammer Online related animation. I am not exactly sure yet what it will entail, I have to sort that out along with storyboards and such. One does not simply make quality 3d animation on the fly.

Grolar: Not a problem, I am a medically retired from the military. I tried to get into the industry but there is a certain stigma in the art industry against those who were in the military. People look at my medals instead of me, which tends to give the wrong impression as I'm actually quite passive. I mostly do freelance work to support friends ... from blue screen to modeling, to 2d animations. I'm not a top artist by any means but I have the software and the base knowledge.

Grolar

Post#10 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:53 pm

edited
Last edited by Grolar on Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.