Recent Topics

Ads

Gates of Ekrund... Through Solid Stone Walls

Creative minds can display their work here, from images and videos to custom addons and other software applications related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Challenger3333

Gates of Ekrund... Through Solid Stone Walls

Post#1 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:14 pm

On a grassy knoll overlooking the Gates of Ekrund, Ooul the Chosen stood shoulder-to-shoulder with some of his most respected comrades.
“Welcome, Dark Elf,” Ooul said, in an aloof but not enlightened voice. “You have survived.”
“This is shaping up to be a most difficult assault,” claimed Sleenkey, a Discipline of Khaine with a highly strategic mind. “Reports say they have seven healers and many of their warriors use the ‘magic’ bullets and "seeker" arrows we have come to hate.”
“I don’t mindz wot you call a stand-up fight, boss,” the crick-nosed Shaman Porkstar observed as he trundled up to the two of them. “But dis time you is right. Dey gots all of the cheatin’ classes, plus da healz’s.”
Still, Queleen, Ardz, and Timber, fresh from taking down the three lair bosses, arrived. There had been no resistance at the lairs since all Order were defending the ‘Gates, and the rewards had been great. Now the Destruction warriors agreed that despite the greater numbers of healers on Order’s side, the skill of Destruction would run the show.
The Destruction team charged down the hillock and up the assault ramp, going into the supply room. As Order took position two-hundred yards away, their Engineers began to target Destruction’s warriors “through the solid stone walls.” With each second, the turrets of the Engineers took health from the Destruction side. The Shadow Warriors were already shooting as well, much in the same fashion.
But this time the Desturction force was ready, sending a large contingent to ORDER’S side of the gates to hit from behind. The Choppa Regicyde and Ooul the Chosen flanked Order as they emerged from the ammunitions cache onto the deck. Then, up a broken piece of stone came the Choppa Daskull and the Chosen Morwar, along with an axe-wielding mutant Marauder named Gnashspike and the Ork Iamdabiggestest. The destruction melee train shut down the ranged power of Order and their healers either fell like weak trees in a windstorm, or jumped off the top of the Gates to their deaths in utter panic.
Gnashspike laughed in spite of himself and shouted to all who could hear, “There are none who can stand before us in a fair fight!”
From the top of Ekrund’s Gates two mighty Dark Elf Sorcerers, Tarajima and Mez, blasted the Order re-enforcements as they came up the Order-side approach. Each accounted for ten kills that morning, as Order kept trying and failing.
Astride his disc, the Magus Voidmaster had been hanging back at the supply room, mindful that the other members of his team had the situation in hand. Yet he saw Order was trying to to slip the noose that Destruction created, flanking with their fat, greasy Engineers and effeminate, pasty Shadow Warriors. Voidmaster called out, “They are at the supply room!”
As one, the Destruction team left their positon on the wall overlooking the Order-side approach and together they charged to the supply room. The Choppa Dreadsta and the Ork Smashah lead the way, cutting into the soft Order healers, followed by the rest of their comrades. This time, it was Order’s destiny to fall. That evening, the victorious Destruction team stood watch over the Gates of Ekrund.
Ooul rr 100 Chosen, Badlands
Gond rr 80 Chosen, Iron Rock
Hittinstuff rr 100 Black Ork, Badlands

Ooul rr 80 Chosen, Return of Reckoning

http://www.claytonschonberger.com

Ads
zabis

Re: Gates of Ekrund... Through Solid Stone Walls

Post#2 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:24 pm

Just think, soon there will be no more shooting through walls, it will be glorious. I wonder what type of exploit those Order trash will come up with afterward.
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Luth

Post#3 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:43 pm

The "order trash exploit" explained:
Atm all autoattacks go through walls; it's the same with the SH. Also if you stand upon a target as a melee and autoattack is activated by any ability use, you hit the target as well. This happens mostly by coincidence while tab-targeting or can be abused by both sides.

You see the only difference is, that the "order trash" has 2 classes with range autoattacks to "exploit" the hell out of this game... :roll:

Nishka
Suspended

Post#4 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:51 pm

So tired of Gates of Ekrund... Worst scene ever.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

keitter

Post#5 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:11 pm

Don't even have auto attack equipped on the hotbar of my sw although tab targetting does fire through walls or floors as it seems to loose an arrow automatically on target.

Im sure squig herder has same issue , Exploiters will exploit but personally its not fun to shoot through walls and even less fun to get killed by an unseen enemy.

Nice narrative of an sc Ooul and the way I play sw means I am usually one of the first to get trampled by a destro melee train. Press respawn and get back in the fight.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#6 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:05 pm

Some people .... Order trash? Really? Like the people playing DoK's do not take advantage of one shot DB's?
It is a game. Gamers will take advantage of any bug available.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Challenger3333

Post#7 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:29 pm

Thanks Kieter your honest CRITiscism has moved you down one notch on my SOS (slaughter on sight) list!
Ooul rr 100 Chosen, Badlands
Gond rr 80 Chosen, Iron Rock
Hittinstuff rr 100 Black Ork, Badlands

Ooul rr 80 Chosen, Return of Reckoning

http://www.claytonschonberger.com

Elven
Former Staff

Post#8 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:30 pm

Challenger3333 wrote:Thanks Kieter your honest CRITiscism has moved you down one notch on my SOS (slaughter on sight) list!
Awwh, cute!

Ads
Morf

Post#9 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:33 pm

drmordread wrote:Some people .... Order trash? Really? Like the people playing DoK's do not take advantage of one shot DB's?
It is a game. Gamers will take advantage of any bug available.
Pretty much this, its a common problem whether u play dest or order, all pbaoe ignores structures and aa's automatically go off when u target someone as a rdps whether the target is in los or not.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Kaporan

Post#10 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:17 pm

It's a nice story ,I like your stories,but this one, not a good one, sorry.If you want to complain about exploiting bugs do it ,but don't hide your indignation behind a story (I personally don't like this passive-aggressive behavior, if you have something to say come out and say it). I saw some engis shooting behind a wall ,I wanted to tell that is not sporty ,unfortunately didn't say a thing ,shame on me(but will never happen again I assure you)As for me ,I try to avoid exploits ;untarget my foe when runs behind a wall,disabling my turret and place it in plain sight,well ...not every time though ...accidents happen ,and usualy I blame Steorra for every bugexploit that I exploit but not want to exploit it :D as to sustain what I've said about my engi ,I have the lowest dmg of them all and most deats at the end of SC. Ohhh...and just today I saw an Sh exploit that bug on me ,just saying...

'' ...fat, greasy Engineers and effeminate, pasty Shadow Warriors...''- not so nice ,Precious,not so nice, at all.
Yorim-Sigurt-Yorik-Yorimlaraen
Bitterstone Thunderers Regiment