Recent Topics

Ads

Death Squad of Witch Hunters...Ooul's Task

Creative minds can display their work here, from images and videos to custom addons and other software applications related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Challenger3333

Death Squad of Witch Hunters...Ooul's Task

Post#1 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:07 pm

Three Witch Hunters were on the prowl in in Nordenwatch, looking for Destruction. They dressed in matching chaos black regalia so that all knew they were special. The Witch Hunters would stealth into the fray, often a fearsome cluster swords, shields, and spells, yet remain unscathed, for they had three Order healers constantly dedicated to keeping their adrenaline flowing. With such aide, they were unstoppable, and their blades and bullets perforated the bodies hundreds of Destruction’s warriors over the course of the day.
Ooul the Chosen sat on the back of his mount near the Chaos landing in Nordenwatch, helpless to stop the deaths of so many of his comrades. What could one Chosen do against such an overwhelming strategy? He had seen it before—the point of a spear that never dulls is infallible.
“Message for you, sir,” a servant obsequiously said to Ooul, placing it in his hands. Ooul nodded at the servant, and read the message, which said that a Kralf Hexenkrieger, a well-connected Magus with actual ties to Tchar’zanek, wished to speak with him. Not being one to shirk such a request, Ooul boarded a ship bound for the coast.
“You are Ooul the Chosen, yes?” Kralf Hexenkrieger asked. “The same Chosen who killed a lone Ironbreaker in Renatta’s lair yesterday?”
“I am,” Ooul stated.
“Your actions have cost many lives this day, Ooul,” Kralf Hexenkrieger said. “The black-clad Witch Hunters on Nordenwatch Isle are a death-squad from a far-off land. They have come HERE because YOU killed a powerful leader of Order yesterday. The leader’s Lieutenants summoned the death-squad to our part of the world to wreak havoc upon everyone you ever cared for or allied with, be they stranger or guildmate.”
Upon hearing Kralf’s claims, Ooul was shaken to his core. Ooul growled in anger, “That single Dwarf could not have been so powerful. He was not a god! When I hit him, he crumpled like a tin toy! He didn’t even lift a finger to fight back! He was defeated by his own hubris!”
“He has become a martyr to them,” the Magus explained. “But know this: there is a power void left by his demise. There are plots against his followers, and much in-fighting going on among his highest officers. Order will fail, because it still governed by human nature. As you know, we of Destruction revel in our willfulness while Order believes such feelings to be beneath them.”
“They are weak,” Ooul concluded. “Summoning a death-squad of black-clad Witch Hunters is merely another form of whining on their part.”
“Exactly,” Kralf Hexenkrieger declared decisively. “It shows that they are becoming increasingly desperate to find a reason to continue fighting. Your mission, Ooul, is to spread the word of this among our troops.”
“I am honored,” Ooul placed his mailed fist on his chest and bowing slightly. He knew that the Dwarf he had slaughtered two days ago had placed a curse on him. Resorting to such tactics was truly a sign of madness on the part of the enemy. Ooul smiled.
Ooul rr 100 Chosen, Badlands
Gond rr 80 Chosen, Iron Rock
Hittinstuff rr 100 Black Ork, Badlands

Ooul rr 80 Chosen, Return of Reckoning

http://www.claytonschonberger.com

Ads
RyanMakara

Re: Death Squad of Witch Hunters...Ooul's Task

Post#2 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:31 pm

Well done. You managed to turn the daily habit of community whining into a well thought-out RP story. I love it.

Also, kinda sounds like you're posting this because of getting poked by Witch Hunters often, huh?~

Oxenreed

Post#3 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:54 pm

I love this, the story is interesting and funny and above all its based on our in game expiriences, its rly nice. I bet order guys will smile when reading this too :)
Diverse - RR80 Marauder - Karak Azgal

Challenger3333

Post#4 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:50 pm

Thoughts from the author to the devs: I get error log 500 every time I try to post a cartoon of my Chosen fending off the attacks of 3 Witch Hunters and 3 Order healers at the fortress in Nordenwatch. It was supposed to go with the post "Death Squad of Witch Hunters...Ooul's task." The drawing is nothing special, in fact it kind of hurts the eyes. But that's the way I draw. If I can't post any more images, please let me know. I'll stop cartooning about RoR and use my time more wisely. BTW I couldn't get the internal message system to work so I'm posting this message to you devs here in hopes that one of you see it.
Ooul rr 100 Chosen, Badlands
Gond rr 80 Chosen, Iron Rock
Hittinstuff rr 100 Black Ork, Badlands

Ooul rr 80 Chosen, Return of Reckoning

http://www.claytonschonberger.com

Orcpacolypse

Post#5 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:35 pm

Best way to draw out a WH - send in a Squig Herder use him like a WH radar. Then crush them!

keitter

Post#6 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Keep writing these please I have enjoyed reading the last two and yes Oxenreed it did make me smile .
I have my suspicions who the Ironbreaker may be that got clobbered in a lair but if you are flagged you are fair game even in a lair. No quarter asked or given etc . I learnt hard way myself but repaid the destro I encountered who were flagged.

Short stories/narratives based on the daily dramas of ROR. Brilliant .

Adell

Post#7 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Any WHs in particular that inspired you to write this epic short story? :shock:
Mowgli | Femto | Megawolf | Darkseid | Skullknight | Bambi
Orz of Norn

"I could feel his muscle tissue collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm."

porkstar

Post#8 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:24 pm

Ha! Really great story and it sums everything up perfectly! LOVE IT! Ooul may also benefit from the mighty power to send enemies through the air to protect the vulnerable magic users.
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Ads
porkstar

Post#9 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:25 pm

A tin toy!!!!!
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave

porkstar

Post#10 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:46 pm

RyanMakara wrote:Well done. You managed to turn the daily habit of community whining into a well thought-out RP story. I love it.

Also, kinda sounds like you're posting this because of getting poked by Witch Hunters often, huh?~

I agree with RyanMakara. Such a constructive way to deal with this particular frustration.
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave