Recent Topics

Ads

Sildur's Enhanced WAR Shaders v6.0: DX11, DX12, OpenGL, Vulkan (January 31, 2023)

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Fenris78

Re: Sildur's Enhanced graphics v1.02 - Reshade 3.4.0

Post#481 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:48 pm

Xergon wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:19 am so how this mod affect performance in big scale battles ?
With decent hardware (less than 6 years old so to speak :p), performance loss is inexistant, wichever scale the battle is ; hitting constant 60fps in this old game is really not a challenge for current PCs, especially on mid/high-end hardware.

All performances hits in RoR are more likely due to computing side (CPU and server) more than the graphical side.

But by experience, in recent 3D-demanding games, you may lose about 5-10 fps max, using a fair amount of reshade techniques, like faked AAO wich is the most heavy one.

Ads
Dalgrimar

Post#482 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:44 am

I keep getting access denied in 7zip when i try to extract....
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Fenris78

Post#483 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:30 am

Dalgrimar wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:44 am I keep getting access denied in 7zip when i try to extract....
Archive is not password-protected to my knowledge, but Windows tend to "lock" dowloaded files to prevent malicious behaviors... Try to look in the properties panel of your zipped file, and click "unlock" if needed.

Otherwise I see no reason any zip file should be denied from access ; check your antivirus, maybe it "quarantined" the zip or something like this.

Dalgrimar

Post#484 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:49 am

Fenris78 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:30 am
Dalgrimar wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:44 am I keep getting access denied in 7zip when i try to extract....
Archive is not password-protected to my knowledge, but Windows tend to "lock" dowloaded files to prevent malicious behaviors... Try to look in the properties panel of your zipped file, and click "unlock" if needed.

Otherwise I see no reason any zip file should be denied from access ; check your antivirus, maybe it "quarantined" the zip or something like this.
Thanks for reply.
Its actually saying access denied when i try to extract it to the war folder :/
Like i click extract, and some files get extracted but most of the files get access denied message in 7zip :(
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Fenris78

Post#485 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:46 pm

Maybe a write-only issue, which is strange because none of Slidur files are meant to overwrite existing gamefiles.
Try to first extract your zipped files in another folder first, then move them to RoR folder.

You may try ti uncheck "write-only" for your RoR folder (right click > properties) before installing Sildur files, if that may be of any help...

If you still got problems, it may be related to your OS not allowing you to modify folders on the drive. Run your Windows session as administrator if it's not the case.

Sintabal

Post#486 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi Guys

No idea if the topic fits here:

I have the following problem with Sildur's Mod:

If I want to start the game via RadeonPro (War.exe/War64.exe) this error message comes up: "Warhammer can not be started directly, instead executes warpatch.exe as file to start the game!"

When I connect the Launcher (RoRLauncher.exe) to RadeonPro, I get this error message: "Unable to start the application, please check if your permission is sufficient to access the file (The requested operation needs elevated privileges.)"

Thx.

Sildur

Post#487 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:26 pm

Sintabal wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:50 pm Hi Guys

No idea if the topic fits here:

I have the following problem with Sildur's Mod:

If I want to start the game via RadeonPro (War.exe/War64.exe) this error message comes up: "Warhammer can not be started directly, instead executes warpatch.exe as file to start the game!"

When I connect the Launcher (RoRLauncher.exe) to RadeonPro, I get this error message: "Unable to start the application, please check if your permission is sufficient to access the file (The requested operation needs elevated privileges.)"

Thx.
Sounds like it must be launched in admin mode, I guess you can right click the launcher go to properties and set it to always launch as admin.

Sintabal

Post#488 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:36 am

Hey

I've already tried that. Unfortunately, did not help ... :cry:

Ads
CheexInk

Post#489 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:37 pm

I installed Reshade 4.2.1 which worked fine with lightmaps off. I don't really know what I'm doing but I renamed d3d9.dll to reshade.dll and copied in sildur's dinput8.dll. Everything seems to work lightmaps included.

Abrafo

Post#490 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:42 pm

CheexInk wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:37 pm I installed Reshade 4.2.1 which worked fine with lightmaps off. I don't really know what I'm doing but I renamed d3d9.dll to reshade.dll and copied in sildur's dinput8.dll. Everything seems to work lightmaps included.
If it's working, great. I'm using Reshade 4.2.1 also and don't have either d3d9.dll or reshade.dll in my main folder. I'm not sure they're used. What I do know is that after you install Reshade, you make a copy of dxgi.dll, leave one with the same name and rename the copy to sildurs_mod.dll. Both of those files should be in your main Warhammer folder.

I use these instructions for my install, post #412 from page 42 of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13&start=410#p291886