Recent Topics

Ads

OPEN LETTER

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Yaliskah
Former Staff

OPEN LETTER

Post#1 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:41 pm

-ENG-

To the instigator of the DDOS attacks.

I do not understand your obstinacy for several weeks against RoR and its community, and I fear that no one understands the intended purpose in the end.

I think you understand by now, after these long months, that we will not yield to these attacks, should they come again and again.

Just ask yourself the following question: Who do you punish by doing this? Those who develop the project - Team RoR - or those who do live and enjoy them, a pretty community of several hundred players?

Know then, that these attacks do not hamper in any way the development of the project. It is the players that you punish most. I do not think you have done anything.

Furthermore, with regards to the webserver, you also damage other projects that have nothing to do with the leisure that is RoR, and in doing so, other people - the victims of your collateral damage - are likely to file a legal complaint.

Of course, a DDOS attack is "anonymous". Yet some who have used this tool in the past have found themselves incarcerated or fined all the same. I hope it will not happen to you, and you'll stop you in time.

Best regards,

Yaliskah

-FR-

A l'instigateur des attaques DDOS.

Je ne comprends pas votre obstination depuis plusieurs semaines à l'encontre de RoR et de sa communauté, et je crains que personne ne comprenne le but recherché au bout du compte.

Je pense que vous aurez compris; au bout de ce long mois d'attaques répétées que nous ne cederons pas à ces attaques, même si elle doivent durer encore et encore.

Posez-vous juste la question suivante : Qui punissez-vous en faisant cela ? Ceux qui développent le projet - l'équipe de RoR - ou bien ceux qui le font vivre et y prennent plaisir : une jolie communauté de plusieurs centaines de joueurs?

Sachez donc, que ces attaques ne freinent en aucun cas le développement du projet. Mieux, grace à vous nous pouvons, jour après jour améliorer la sécurité du site.

Aussi, ce sont les joueurs que vous punissez le plus. Je ne pense pas qu'il vous aient fait quoi que ce soit.

Par ailleurs, en vous attaquant au webserver, vous mettez dans l'embarras d'autres projets (professionels ceux là) qui n'ont rien à voir avec le loisir que constitue RoR, et ce faisant, d'autres personnes -des victimes collateralles de vos actes irrefléchis- sont susceptibles de déposer une plainte en justice.

Bien entendu, une attaque DDOS est "anonyme". Pourtant, certains ayant fait usage de cette détestable pratique sont aujourd'hui condamnés à de très lourdes amendes et à des peines de prison. J'espère que cela ne vous arrivera pas, et que vous saurez vous arrêter à temps.

Cordialement

Yaliskah

Ads
Vdova

Re: OPEN LETTER

Post#2 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:11 pm

I am person who dont( and never will) understand how anyone can put so much energy, time and money to ruin others works and have fun that way, insted of creating something or doing something for him self. DDoser must have a big portion off self destructive behaviour, some kind of mental issues and also mostly a negative thinking in general.
The worst part is that he has no b.alls to stand up and say " Hey, its me!" " I am doing this because of this and that".
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

devath

Post#3 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:14 pm

I bet it's some edgy 12 year old kid behind the attacks. I am afraid that by giving him recognition you only fuel the fire for more DDOS attacks.

Azuzu

Post#4 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:19 pm

Vdova wrote:I am person who dont( and never will) understand how anyone can put so much energy, time and money to ruin others works and have fun that way, insted of creating something or doing something for him self. DDoser must have a big portion off self destructive behaviour, some kind of mental issues and also mostly a negative thinking in general.
The worst part is that he has no b.alls to stand up and say " Hey, its me!" " I am doing this because of this and that".

It's the culture of the internet.

Explained here:

To me it's a more extreame form of trolling, greifing, **** talking, ect. People do it because they get entertainment out of the reactions of others.

The internet removes three important things that keep people polite and general civil towards each other.

One, the ability to visibly see the effect your actions have on others. It's a lot harder to hurt someone when you see the suffering.

Two, the fear/danger of physical harm. The fact you might get the living **** beat out of you, keeps a lot of people's douchier side in check.

Three, social scorn. The approval of ones peers, friends, family. You don't face a backlash from those around you, that you deal with in everyday life for your douchie behavior.
Suzu

Twitch: Watch The Big Ole Critties!

Suzu's UI: My UI

madwasp

Post#5 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:34 pm

What about Dyox? He is with us or angry at us? Maybe behind this DDos.... Who da hell interested in our mini ROR community like this?
Last edited by madwasp on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Khorba

Post#6 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:36 pm

it can be some idiot from ea

Libra

Post#7 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:38 pm

It's Thráin. My bets are on him.
Sephanol - Chosen || Saora - Magus

Azuzu

Post#8 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:41 pm

Khorba wrote:it can be some idiot from ea

EA has lawyers and resources. They don't need to DDoS if they had an interest in shutting RoR down.

A multi-million dollar company wouldn't break the law and risk the bad press. They have much more powerful tools that don't risk backlash.
Suzu

Twitch: Watch The Big Ole Critties!

Suzu's UI: My UI

Ads
Vdova

Post#9 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:02 pm

Libra wrote:It's Thráin. My bets are on him.

Havent seen him for couple of months. Where is that yelling dwarf?
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

vadio

Post#10 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:20 pm

I dont sure if companys dont do ddos behind scenes
but i believe EA dont care since dont have anymore IP (ended 2015/2016)

DDos probably one kid mad or just want show power to he community