Recent Topics

Ads

LotD final test & latest news

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Whyumadbro

Re: LotD final test & latest news

Post#51 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:00 pm

Bavradai wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:18 pm Very disappointed to not see the inclusion of ranked currencies into this new universal currency system.
there will be no point in playing ranked then

Ads
Onemantankwall

Post#52 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:18 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:00 pm
Bavradai wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:18 pm Very disappointed to not see the inclusion of ranked currencies into this new universal currency system.
You mean like city and regular scs? It murdered content on live and will do the same here but hey this team likes following the same path as end days live and im sure theres a revert button somewhere
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Kloaner

Post#53 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:31 am

Onemantankwall wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:18 pm You mean like city and regular scs?
why SC? now you have a reason for playing sc again, beside fun. In CET City pops between 1am and 2pm? so many People don't see City anyways.
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Onemantankwall

Post#54 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:35 am

Kloaner wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:31 am
Onemantankwall wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:18 pm You mean like city and regular scs?
why SC? now you have a reason for playing sc again, beside fun. In CET City pops between 1am and 2pm? so many People don't see City anyways.
Many suffered through scs to get the gear, now they wont have to and can simply skip queing them drastically reducing ur que pops
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

sharpblader

Post#55 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:45 am

Onemantankwall wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:35 am
Kloaner wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:31 am
Many suffered through scs to get the gear, now they wont have to and can simply skip queing them drastically reducing ur que pops

Many people avoided SCs because it did not give them the main role gear. IMO most casuals actually play SCs rather than RvR especially when they have low end systems and limited time. This should prove as a good incentive to more players to login.

AxelF

Post#56 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:16 am

This argument is hilarious, even more so when it continually gets made by the staff... People play games to have fun and enjoy themselves - if you want people to play your game, or a particular aspect of your game, make it enjoyable. Forcing people to do it just to get certain gear is a sure way to generate a toxic atmosphere and drive people away.

anarchypark

Post#57 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:56 am

is it same gear piece drop from gold bag ?
for example of vanq tier gold bag, only currency is gonna change?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

unfairway2003

Post#58 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:44 am

Onemantankwall wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:18 pm
You mean like city and regular scs? It murdered content on live and will do the same here but hey this team likes following the same path as end days live and im sure theres a revert button somewhere
This is something that I remember hearing about 4 years ago in 2018 on these forums when I first played on ROR, that people kept saying that Land of the Dead was never going to be released because of how the new gear is too OP for certain classes to the point that it destroyed balance for the game. I have faith that the ROR team won't repeat the same mistake that Mythic Entertainment did on live in 2009 and that they will balance it fairly and not make any gear game-breaking I hope.

Ads
Budzisz

Post#59 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:13 pm

I dont think Ive seen this being mentioned anywhere, but will there be an increase in the number of tokens one will get after TOK unlocks? Similar to how it is now. So e.g. If I have vanq unlock I get 5xtokens and then after invader I get lets say 10xtokens, from bags/zone locks.

Whyumadbro

Post#60 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:07 am

AxelF wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:16 am
This argument is hilarious, even more so when it continually gets made by the staff... People play games to have fun and enjoy themselves - if you want people to play your game, or a particular aspect of your game, make it enjoyable. Forcing people to do it just to get certain gear is a sure way to generate a toxic atmosphere and drive people away.
And? Ranked is for high geared and skilled players, to lock the (BiS) gear behind a non unified currency makes sense. Im not against the change, but ranked should stay as it is