Recent Topics

Ads

Warhammer Online 13th Anniversary

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Bavradai

Re: Warhammer Online 13th Anniversary

Post#61 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:34 pm

After a few days spent wandering around the halls of Greenpeaks and seeing all the little touches, reading the stories and lore behind the quests whilst delving deeper into Greenskin culture has been fun. I'm still not even fifty percent of the way through it and have been enjoying every step of the way!
The quests have made feel almost a little sorry for some of the Greenskins. Looks like they have a culture and not only are they fiercely proud of it, they also have some veneration for the "gits dat aren't da bestest anymore coz dey aren't around" to the Gobbo that wonders if he has some familial ties with his fellow Gobbos because he shares a similar surname.
My favourite is the "I WOZ ERE" graffiti and the dwarfen murals that have had "who can throw faeces the highest" competitions splattered all over them.

Amazing!

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#62 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:41 pm

Kartizzle wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:29 pm Had a lot of fun hoping back in yesterday for the first time in 13 years.... Thanks for the devs and everyone who keeps this project going.
I'm going to be greedy here and ask how often are there double XP weekends? And traditionally are they centered around certain weekends/holidays throughout the year?
They are generally around live events and holidays, but every weekend will feature a different Scenario with bonus XP/RR
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Gladiolix

Post#63 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:28 am

Kartizzle wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:29 pm Had a lot of fun hoping back in yesterday for the first time in 13 years.... Thanks for the devs and everyone who keeps this project going.
I'm going to be greedy here and ask how often are there double XP weekends? And traditionally are they centered around certain weekends/holidays throughout the year?
Not that often, a couple of times a year maybe. And yes they have always been special weekend events as far as I know.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

dwar

Re: Warhammer Online Birthday Celebrations

Post#64 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:31 am

GamesBond wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:29 am .....

Thanks for your kind words. They honestly appreciate our work and have expressed gratitude for keeping their game alive. They surely had the passion back in the days and the biggest proof is the former Mythic staff re-grouping, taking the time to talk to us and to the community. You should know that each one of them is probably working on something different now, but they still managed to have the initiative and group themselves again for this exclusive Dev Talk.

Regarding us, we do have an amazing community. It absolutely has some disruptive people but that's normal in every community, rest assured that we never generalize the behavior of some players as 'the community' - bad behavior remains attached to the bad players. The Return of Reckoning community has been and will always be our strongest pillar, we do tremendously appreciate the players who keep up with us and support us on the long run, and we truly thank the ones who were supportive but had to depart due to different ideologies (like addon bans, class nerfs, dev focus, etc).
Well done.. towards your reply, the two citys(when do I have the choice not to participate in either pairings city sieg? ;D)as well as the get together with Mythic Devs.

The kind words are just plain facts and what some ignore/neglect or simply take for granted is being appreciated.
Topics like balance, rage about changes and "Call for [insert yours]" will never be not an issue of a mainly pvp focused game that is not Quake 2.

About communities in general.. look at the posts surrounding yours and mine. Thing is, the community that raises voice has its reasons and most certainly it ain't a positive/reflected or "I have THIS issue and it is SO daunting" reason.
Oh, I was sure about the attending devs attitude and opinion. As you wrote - the Mythic staff. Some lasted through the bioware merger but I assume there were different personalities too. Ironic huh, quite similar to the communities. People, pha!

Thanks for all this!

PS: remove internal gcd of DoK Covs, ruined that class. Being passively OP was so comfy on LIVE - damn you, ror-staff. ( ;P #metoo)

tristess

Post#65 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:51 pm

Hey, after spending some time in K8P I just wanted to say that I was quite impressed with it. Not only is it huge, it has so much depth. I think that a lot of love and attention to detail has gone into the zone and the quests and I want you to know that as a player, I can feel that.
Tristess Sterntaenzer - mother of the dancing star - zealot
Kahzog Rippenbrecher - black orc