Recent Topics

Ads

Extended Double XP, Renown & Influence

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Selluz

Re: Extended Double XP, Renown & Influence

Post#31 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:36 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:56 am
Selluz wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:46 am I must agree with Zaxxond..

We need it extendend, and i would say make it permanent. Leveling the normal way with only 1x, is just slow..
Indeed, takes 4-6 days instead of 1-3.
If anything, we need x2 renown, so newbies can catch up at that.
It takes longer. If you can level up to 40 in 1 - 3 days you gotta be playing fulltime.. :)

But not to mention the SCs. If you play SC at lvl 16, you get so much owned by lvl 30+. So not having the bonus, just makes me wanna quit the game again, because of the long endless grind towards 40...

Im sorry to say, but the game is not that much fun withouth bonus that helps us get faster RR and XP.. :)

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:11 pm

Selluz wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:36 pm ]

It takes longer. If you can level up to 40 in 1 - 3 days you gotta be playing fulltime.. :)

But not to mention the SCs. If you play SC at lvl 16, you get so much owned by lvl 30+. So not having the bonus, just makes me wanna quit the game again, because of the long endless grind towards 40...

Im sorry to say, but the game is not that much fun withouth bonus that helps us get faster RR and XP.. :)
You don't get owned, because they are rank 30+ and you 16. You die, because you lack knowledge of how to get appropriate gear.
Those who know how, lead the scoreboards all the time and don't experience any problems, no matter the rank.
Dying is no option.

Starx

Post#33 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:17 pm

saupreusse wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:56 pm The obvious solution is to remove levels altogether.
but then how would people learn their class??? Imagine tanks not guarding in t4 scens... dps running in 1v6 and dying... healers positioning themselves like tanks... the horror...

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#34 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:18 pm

Temporary events are temporary. Be happy it got extended, look forward to the next one.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Eltek

Post#35 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Things generally don't have to be all-or-nothing. There's probably a middle ground where a slight permanent boost could be added that finds a compromise between giving people the opportunity to build multiple characters in a reasonable time (and shore up additional characters such as healers in the event there is a shortage), but still not making it so fast that people just blink their eyes, hit the end game, and get bored. 2x is pretty damn fast and so it makes sense it's rare, but experimenting initially with even a 1.1x increase could actually have positive long lasting effects on the quality of the community and game play in general. This game is pretty old and even though it's a fun concept, the mindset most people will likely have is if they get bored or dissatisfied with a character they'll simply quit and uninstall. Additionally, it's a hard sell to get other people into the game when they have a significant grind ahead of them which leads to people basically setting up shop, grinding their way to 40, recognizing none of their friends will ever touch this, and leaving anyway. It's no easy task, but the current rate of leveling is probably not anything close to optimal from a growth or even community maintenance standpoint. If that's a deviation from the initial vision or philosophy of the server though, then it's all a moot point anyway.

M0rw47h

Post#36 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:25 pm

Selluz wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:36 pm [

I've leveled Rune Priest during event. He was parked previously at 20.
Played mostly SCs in 16-39 bracket and it was going really fast, done only last 5 levels by mindless solo PvE grind.

Took me 2 days while playing forts and city sieges on Knight meanwhile.

Sulorie

Post#37 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:10 am

When leveling is fast with x2, how is leveling without it a long journey? It only takes twice as long.
Dying is no option.

Dreadone

Post#38 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:27 pm

My main is 28 now and i ran openrvr for like 3-4 hours straight yesterday and didnt get the lvl up from 28,x to lvl29. Perhaps im doing it wrong but thats not "fast". I turned in the kill 25 ppl zone quest like 20 times with 10k ep each which was perhaps 3% of a lvl. Playing healer and following the zerg wb

Ads
Sulorie

Post#39 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:42 pm

Dreadone wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:27 pm My main is 28 now and i ran openrvr for like 3-4 hours straight yesterday and didnt get the lvl up from 28,x to lvl29. Perhaps im doing it wrong but thats not "fast". I turned in the kill 25 ppl zone quest like 20 times with 10k ep each which was perhaps 3% of a lvl. Playing healer and following the zerg wb
Yes, you did it wrong. You did rvr in a warband I guess? For xp in rvr, play solo and up to a 6man. Otherwise play scenario and try to find a group as well to increase the chances of winning.
Dying is no option.

Jazz405

Post#40 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:02 pm

I was actually going to say that if it's a global non-int multiplier, could do one of the following:
- 25% increase rather than double
- Isolate systems to give increased xp, T2 SCs are always popping so it'd be nice to get a small buff
- My birthday was the 13th so definitely a random 13% increase for the day :D
RP - Rhonnie