Recent Topics

Ads

Few infos about event's end and fort test.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
heybaws

Re: Few infos about event's end and fort test.

Post#11 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:54 am

Is it possible to set up x2 on exp, rp, and medals for scenarios while last fort zone is active?
Or just make Thundervalley that type of scenario, that becomes available only when there is 1 fort zone available.

Ads
Gracely

Post#12 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:22 am

The only thing that bothers me about forts is often there are the same amount of attackers and defenders inside. I could live with it if that is the way its supposed to be?

Alfa1986

Post#13 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:32 am

Yaliskah wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:03 am
waiting for your ideas if you got some. Who knows, maybe we missed something obvious :).

1. the 1st stage should be done the same as the siege of the general keep with slight difference. first of all the attacking side itself chooses which gate it will break; if, the attackers cannot pass through the first gate, then they begin to break the others. that will stretch the fight of the first stage and make it more interesting. also it would be great to add the oil, the cannons and the hellblasters.

2. the 2nd stage is fine, nothing needs to be changed.

3. The third stage is the most hardcore and problematic, but no one knows how to change it so as not to break down the balance of forces, as mentioned above. Imo, perhaps it’s worthwhile to increase the duration of the protective morales, that the attackers for 15-30 seconds, will not receive any damage except from the morales and could get to the enemy healers and rdd during this time and not die in funnel of the entrance? or forbid healers at the 3 rd stage to use the ability of resurrection? so that anyone who was killed was forced to run from WC. just options for discussion))
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ysaran

Post#14 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:09 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:32 am the 1st stage should be done the same as the siege of the general keep with slight difference. first of all the attacking side itself chooses which gate it will break; if, the attackers cannot pass through the first gate, then they begin to break the others. that will stretch the fight of the first stage and make it more interesting. also it would be great to add the oil, the cannons and the hellblasters.
I like the idea but the 1st stage would take all the time and to win forts for attacker would be impossible unless to largely increase the available time but this would create further problems. The only solution would be to change forts win-condition and to take away the timer
Zputadenti

SpacestarKid

Post#15 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:27 am

How about instanced fort mechanic with ability to change the mirror, let's say during the first two stages, to find the enemy strong enough for premade wb's. Like city siege on live. Also keep the uncapped lvl. It could help to avoid massive fight lags and keep every 16+ busy in their own mirror. Oh, or it could be self-adjusting mirror for 16+, 30+, 40+ etc. including fort lord.
And M4 must be fixed. It must not affect any lesser damaging moral. Because any moral itself is the Ultimate skill and having it reduced by M4 makes lots of classes useless during siege.
Last edited by SpacestarKid on Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shogun, Zama, Mashka, Antifreeze, Alcotester

Lithenir

Post#16 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:32 am

I don't know if this is intentional or just a bug, but the postern doors of the fortresses don't work. So if you go to defend the fort you can not really use the way over Altdorf->Reikwald->fort you need to defend. This makes it kinda harder for defender because they would have to go the same way as the attacker.

I think open fortress is not really a good thing. You just have too many people in an area that is not designed for so many people. Last night in Stonewatch we just stood there for an hour and nothing really happened. I understand the intention behind this but imo fortresses are boring.
My suggestion would be, if possible, make fortresses like city sieges. 48 vs 48 instances. That would encurage tactical gameplay, at least a bit, and single target player could contribute also.

calsidar

Post#17 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:46 am

Hello
I know that tests are the only way for things to improve .I understand that and appreciate the hard work . But forts as it is are very bad. He who has the most pop wins . Super lags . And most annoying of all Xrealmers (we started a fight almost 100 destro vs 60 order and in a minute or 2 it became 120+ vs 30 ). Also no reward as a defender , but that can be fixed (the fort lasted for very few time )

Arthem

Post#18 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:03 pm

Not letting us get rewards without doing the quest. Was this due to coding limitations or a strategic decision to piss us off?

Ads
xarax

Post#19 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:22 pm

Arthem wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:03 pm Not letting us get rewards without doing the quest. Was this due to coding limitations or a strategic decision to piss us off?
the 6 quests can be done super quick. Get quest /stuck /stuck and you are already near the tomb then port out. Do this twice and you are half through already.

I like the changes to the fort, i only dislike when you defend the fort for 45 mins while doing 450 to 150 kills, tap several BOs and be active the whole fort but then dont get any meds nor renown nor any rolls in the end. (i mean i couldn't have done more)
Happend this morning in Butchers Pass.
Is there a difference between getting into the fort via orvr or using the portal in ic to maw and then to Butchers Pass? Because two other players did this aswell and none get any rewards.(going in via portals)
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Alfa1986

Post#20 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:07 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:09 am
Alfa1986 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:32 am the 1st stage should be done the same as the siege of the general keep with slight difference. first of all the attacking side itself chooses which gate it will break; if, the attackers cannot pass through the first gate, then they begin to break the others. that will stretch the fight of the first stage and make it more interesting. also it would be great to add the oil, the cannons and the hellblasters.
I like the idea but the 1st stage would take all the time and to win forts for attacker would be impossible unless to largely increase the available time but this would create further problems. The only solution would be to change forts win-condition and to take away the timer
the first stage can be limited to 1 hour, the second 30-45 minutes, and the third 30-45 minutes. as a result, the total time of the battle of the fort will take from 1 hour to 2-2.5 hours.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum