Recent Topics

Ads

Summer Community Event

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Summer Community Event

Post#1 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:03 pm

Italian translation

Hoy There !
Summer is here, heat, thirst, parties and all that fuss... but RoR needs your help !!! And more precisely new characters!
So, you sitting at the edge of your pool in Altdorf or buying a duck-shaped buoy in Inevitable City, should think about all those poor little characters in T1, lost on the sand in front of the Nordland sea under the sun !

So, here we go for a new little challenge designed by your beloved CM Daniel Winner.

The idea is pretty simple, and should be easy to achieve. No need to have a graphic ability nor being creative. This time, purpose is to help other players :).

How? Super simple, mailing them low level consumable stuff : talismans (bling-bling) and pots (cocktails).

Of course, cause it would be too simple, what we will promote in this challenge is low level's feedback :). Send as many as possible mails with enough stuff to random low levels and wait for answers. Collect 200 answers, share them and hop! you win a x2 Week End.

Example.

Daniel has sent up to 50 mails with some pots stacks to random low level characters (he was choosing random people throguh Social Window's search in the game)

His mails had such message:
"Hello,
You've won a lottery of supporting our low level players. Here is your little prize.
Best regards, Your CM DanielWinner.
P.S. Feel free to send Thank you letter if you find it useful :)"

And after some days he got “Thank you” letters, here are some of them:
Spoiler:
Easy, nice, fun.
So to summarize :
1- Send mail with 'GITGIFT' as the subject (this is important since we may track those mails!) with some low level consumables (2+ blue+ talismans OR/And 20+ heal, shield, stats or armor potions) to random low level characters. Ask that happy player to send you "thank you" letter and also visit this thread to verify his/her letter;
2- Wait for answers;
3- Post answers (screenshots) here. Get a verification from other player.
4- When 200 happy new players reached (no limit of time) : X2 Week End!

Ads
raptrr

Re: Summer Community Event

Post#2 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:16 pm

Cool idea! Looking forward sending out some stuff :)
Keep it up!

Rondul out =)
Rondul - Runepriest - RR80
Rondlulz - Zealot - RR64
Rondulo - Shaman - RR5x

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/theysii

DanielWinner

Post#3 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:37 pm

To make it a bit more clear:
To get a verification, you can ask low level players in the letter to log forum and Reply to the “Thank you” screenshot verifying that it’s their letter.
That would be a perfect verification.
Also don’t forget about correct subject so we could track mails.

Bring more players to our forums!
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

flintboth

Post#4 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:53 pm

Look fun, let send some good pie for new comers.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

normanis

Post#5 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:55 pm

thx for weird event. so understand correct i send low levels talismans , potions low level like 5, 10, 15 and they send to me thx. post it on forum ?
p,s how u post picture here ? because i dont know. drag in into mail not work. and where post in this thread or create new?
thx
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

DanielWinner

Post#6 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:17 pm

normanis wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:55 pm thx for weird event. so understand correct i send low levels talismans , potions low level like 5, 10, 15 and they send to me thx. post it on forum ?
p,s how u post picture here ? because i dont know. drag in into mail not work. and where post in this thread or create new?
thx
Yes, level of consumables should be from 5 to 15. So 20+ pots of your choice OR 2+ blue/purple talismans.
You can ask players in your letter to send you thanks letter and also visit forums later.
You can upload screenshot of their thanks letters on any website (for example, imgur) or even discord (press the picture there, open full picture in browser) and then copy and paste the link here in [image] option.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Spoiler:
Gotcha

Heliodromus

Post#7 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:29 pm

You have to post the answer to the already answered mail? Are you serious?

DanielWinner

Post#8 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:48 pm

Heliodromus wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:29 pm You have to post the answer to the already answered mail? Are you serious?
What exactly do you mean?
Plan is pretty simple:
Craft pots/talis -> send to random low level guy with your text and correct subject -> get a thanks letter from him/her -> post here -> and PERFECTLY that guy/girl should come here and Quote your screen with words like “yeah, it’s me”.
The goal is to help new players both in-game and also introduce them to forums.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#9 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:56 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:48 pm
Heliodromus wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:29 pm You have to post the answer to the already answered mail? Are you serious?
Plan is pretty simple:
Craft pots/talis -> send to random low level guy with your text and correct subject -> get a thanks letter from him/her -> post here -> and PERFECTLY that guy/girl should come here and Quote your screen with words like “yeah, it’s me”.
Can it only be pots and tallies or if we find low level gear like gale runner etc can we send it to them for this?

DanielWinner

Post#10 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:09 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:56 pm
DanielWinner wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:48 pm
Plan is pretty simple:
Can it only be pots and tallies or if we find low level gear like gale runner etc can we send it to them for this?
Sure, I’ve been sending blue and purple items myself so you can add them and lower the amount of talismans/pots or not if you are really generous :P
Riphael - Black Guard.

Spoiler:
Gotcha